More Marucci Bats Banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Marucci Bats Banned

Just saw that the Marucci Black 33 & 34 and the Cat 5 34 have joined the Cat 5 33 on the NCAA list of banned bats I'm sure NHFS will follow very soon. This is something that Marucci was apparently aware of since April. Starting to become less impressed with Marucci by the day. http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...and+black+bats

i'm not sure how popular they are in HS or NCAA, but i've never seen one used in the past year of 9u travel.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCOM Aggie View Post
      i'm not sure how popular they are in HS or NCAA, but i've never seen one used in the past year of 9u travel.
      They are popular in the South. There is a travel team in our area that bought a bunch of them and they all dented or cracked and the Marucci customer service has been terrible. They are developing a bad reputation for durability and service.

Comment

Saw one team in Fla. where the entire team was using the 32-legal bat. In fact maybe two different teams did that.

Comment

Originally posted by d-mac View Post
          They are popular in the South. There is a travel team in our area that bought a bunch of them and they all dented or cracked and the Marucci customer service has been terrible. They are developing a bad reputation for durability and service.
          in SoCal all i ever see are Easton S1/2/3 or Rivals and Combat B3's it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by SOCOM Aggie View Post
            in SoCal all i ever see are Easton S1/2/3 or Rivals and Combat B3's it seems like.
            I am talking HS ball, I have no idea what kind of impact they have on lower levels. I just know Marucci was definitely talked about heavily at the "showcase dad" circuit. We passed, and went with Rawlings Machine.

Comment

As a previous poster eluded, it's not uncommon to see Marucci in North Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Son has the 32" Cat 5 BBCOR.....loves the balance and pop. Travel and HS Summer ball teammates often use it in place of their own sticks. He BPs quite a bit and we've had no durability issues.

Comment

Problem is that Marucci knew of this NCAA decision in April, yet they were still charging $100 to replace the banned/decertified Cat-5 33" with a Black 33" – a bat Marucci already knew was deemed, or could be deemed decertified...
                I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

Originally posted by marklaker View Post
                  As a previous poster eluded, it's not uncommon to see Marucci in North Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Son has the 32" Cat 5 BBCOR.....loves the balance and pop. Travel and HS Summer ball teammates often use it in place of their own sticks. He BPs quite a bit and we've had no durability issues.
                  I have never used marucci but to me it sounds like there was a campaign started against marucci. very often you hear posters on the internet complaing about marucci but usually those are not personal experiences but "I have heard about a friend"...

I would also like to know about the decertification process. are they banned because they don't meet BBCOR?
                  Last edited by dominik; 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM.
                  I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

A campaign against Marucci? Yeah. People are complaining about them so let's just decertify specific lengths. That doesn't sound like a conspiracy to me.

Comment

One of my players at the LL Juniors level (14y.o.) was in his last year and moving up to high school next year. His dad and I discussed bats for a few weeks until he decided on the Marucci Black. He wanted his boy to have something good and approved for High School the following year. They just got it around March of this year.
                      He is currently using it for my team (which ends this week) and his H.S. summer team which just started. I sent him the link to the decertification and told him to sell the bat before its too late. Its only a matter of time for the High Schools to follow NCAA's lead.

P.S. The boy has loved the bat and has not had any problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by marklaker View Post
                        The durability issues that I know of are with the Senior League bats.

Comment

I own several and have had zero problems, so I wouldn't kow about their customer service. I own a Black 32/27 and Cat 5 "white" 32/27, 32/22, 31/21. Most of the team uses them.
                          I see them all over the place in the Denver area. 12under.

Comment

Originally posted by Roothog66 View Post
                            I own several and have had zero problems, so I wouldn't kow about their customer service. I own a Black 32/27 and Cat 5 "white" 32/27, 32/22, 31/21. Most of the team uses them.
                            I see them all over the place in the Denver area. 12under.
                            This is about drop 3 BBCOR bats college/ high school bats. Your bats are not legal for either.

Comment

I just got a text from my Little League President - he says that he just received an email from LL Inc. that the Marucci Blacks are now banned from Little League play effective immediately (the Cat-5's were already banned).

So my player used it all season long with no issues, now has to get rid of it for All-Stars. I don't care too much, but his parents are upset about the money they spent.

I have not heard if the High Schools are following suit, but I imagine its only a matter of time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X