Heyward Slo-Mo Swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heyward Slo-Mo Swing

Thought this was interesting. Not a game swing, obviously, but thought I'd share. Always thought he had more uppercut. Also not much of a load.

http://youtu.be/SpIIX9MwnzA

Originally posted by Rufus67 View Post
    Thought this was interesting. Not a game swing, obviously, but thought I'd share. Always thought he had more uppercut. Also not much of a load.

http://youtu.be/SpIIX9MwnzA
    I not a real big fan of his swing.
    really not much coil or a good sequence. quite upper body dominant swing. he does have some uppercut but this is OK. most good hitters have some uppercut and his is not exessive.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
      I not a real big fan of his swing.
      really not much coil or a good sequence. quite upper body dominant swing. he does have some uppercut but this is OK. most good hitters have some uppercut and his is not exessive.

But what you have to like is his high level connection....that point where his hands are right above his elbow and totally connected to the rotation of his body. This is creating elite whip!

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Swing Coach View Post
        But what you have to like is his high level connection....that point where his hands are right above his elbow and totally connected to the rotation of his body. This is creating elite whip!

SC
        High level connection and elite whip? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Swing Coach View Post

SC
          yeah of course not everything is bad. he gets good whip and extension. But I think his lower body could be better.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
            yeah of course not everything is bad. he gets good whip and extension. But I think his lower body could be better.

So what is good extension? How do you define it?

SC

Comment

His back elbow has always been too far out at contact. That's why he's susceptible to low/outside, and curveballs. He has to time every single swing perfectly, if he's fooled, there's nothing left. When hitters like this go in slumps, they usually don't come out.

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing with the no load, and bad lower half comments. All of that looks good to me.
              Last edited by songtitle; 06-23-2012, 09:25 PM.
              efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
                His back elbow has always been too far out at contact. That's why he's susceptible to low/outside, and curveballs. He has to time every single swing perfectly, if he's fooled, there's nothing left. When hitters like this go in slumps, they usually don't come out.

I'm not sure what you guys are seeing with the no load, and bad lower half comments. All of that looks good to me.
                I call what you are talking about is a lack of "late bat speed"...and early extension is what kills late bat speed. it. Keeping the Elbow in, hands stop moving forward ( forming hinge) bat continues its arc through ball = elite late speed.

SC

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X