Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lugnut
    replied
    We were able to do these for about $32 each. It's a Teamwork brand full button jersey with two color tackle twill front and back.

300mm Lens 001.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mur5
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice guys! As we get closer to next season I'll update on what we get.

Leave a comment:

• shake-n-bake
    replied
    Originally posted by Swing2Hit View Post
    Go to www.boombah.com and get what you want. It is all quality stuff. If you want to buy just one set of stuff or multiple things it is all right there. Best idea for teams on a budget is to buy a set and then the parents can purchase anything else that they want at their expense. Every color combination that you could want. Good luck!
    Unless you've got local solutions, this is where I'd go also. The quality is outstanding. Most of what we have bought there is clearly nicer quality than even much larger name brands. Great prices. No take it or leave it one style to choose from on anything. All sorts of options in uniform design. I think, unless you're going really extravagant, you could get really great looking uniforms that have the same (or better) fit as more expensive brands and not break the bank.

Leave a comment:

• tg643
    replied
    Buy extra uniforms for guest players and the moron who will lose his jersey.

Leave a comment:

• d-mac
    replied
    Our first year we bought a minor league replica wicky shirt for around $20 from Lake Elsinore Storm. Hats were around $15, plus grey pants, and we were set. 2nd year we went all out. Bought custom uniforms from Uniforms Express (highly recommend). One was a mesh top, the other a polyester jersey. The mesh was fine all season but we retired the polyester, it was way too hot. We ended up buying a $10 wicky top and put our logo and a number on it. We also bought custom hats from Richardson, which is another company that I would recommend. This past season we bought Easton tops and pants. They are very light and look good for a cheap price. The pants weren't durable enough, but they were great when it was hot. This fall we are going to do an MLB replica cool base crew neck top with white pants.

After doing this for three years and doing it cheap and expensive, I can say that cheap is better. Next season we are going to do Nike Swingman pants that run around $25 bucks at Dick's. We may do a major league replica, if not I will probably order tops from Boombah. Custom sublimated tops are $40 and you can get screened tops and numbers for less than $25. We will probably do custom hats through Richardson, The Game, or OC Sports.

Also, as a coach who handled the uniform process, the customs are a pain in the butt and the replicas are a piece of cake. When littleJohnny loses his jersey or hat, replacing a replica is simple, not so much with customs
    Last edited by d-mac; 06-30-2012, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mur5
    replied
    Originally posted by CircleChange11 View Post
    All of the bags hang in line on the fence and we don't have players late to getting on the field because they "can;t find their hat" (or glove).
    That was a problem this past season. Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• CircleChange11
    replied
    Originally posted by Mur5 View Post
    CircleChange - Thanks again for the info. Luckily one of the nice things about our park is that they give us decent equipment bags and lots of helmets, haha. Plus a few of the kids already have their own helmet, so that’s never a problem. And yes, the park allows us to utilize the equipment bag for travel. We represent the park/city in our age division. The helmet bag sounds like a great idea though. Are you talking about one of those giant ones that holds the entire team's helmets, or the individual ones?
    Individual bags.

Once the top pocket is unzipped there are two heavy duty plastic hooks that attach to the fence. This top pocket holds the helmet and has 3 compartments to put bats in.

When they player takes their helmet out I have them place their hat & glove in that big pocket so they always know where it's at.

There's a middle pocket that's used to store the glove (big pocket), and a pocket in the bottom of the bag that stores the cletes. There are big zip pockets on the sides for batting gloves, seeds, etc.

We just have the guys "wear the bag" like a backpack. I have to admit, I hate seeing young men drag their equipment bag on wheels. Something about that seems "not manlike" to me.

All of the bags hang in line on the fence and we don't have players late to getting on the field because they "can;t find their hat" (or glove).

We're not trying to look "well-equipped" to fool anyone about our quality of play, but we are trying to look like a uniform, well organized, and effectively run team. We didn't want to go to games/tourneys and be the "that" small town team that never has their stuff together and looks bush league. But "looking bush league" I am NOT referring to the visual appeal of the uniforms, but rather the team not being ready and unorganized.

Since our players also use the bag/helmet/equipment in rec league, it provides a good mechanism for not losing it. Throughout the entire season we did not have a lost belt, lost glove, lost hat, or lost helmet. Now, many of those guys are using it for LLAS, which coincidently (or not) has the same color scheme (exact same uniform styles too) as the TB team had.

The players pretty much all had or shared their own bats. So, as a coach, the only equipment I carried was [1] my son's catcher's gear (big duffle), [2] the team's catcher's gear and baseballs (my son;s TB bag from last year), [3] whiffle ball bucket (i.e., my chair).
    Last edited by CircleChange11; 06-29-2012, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mur5
    replied
    CircleChange - Thanks again for the info. Luckily one of the nice things about our park is that they give us decent equipment bags and lots of helmets, haha. Plus a few of the kids already have their own helmet, so that’s never a problem. And yes, the park allows us to utilize the equipment bag for travel. We represent the park/city in our age division. The helmet bag sounds like a great idea though. Are you talking about one of those giant ones that holds the entire team's helmets, or the individual ones?

Leave a comment:

• The Uncoach
    replied
    I also wanted to add that [1] I don't think kids share helmets anymore. That was s surprise to me as a coach, but I don;t think parents really let their kids share helmets with other kids.
    I don't and never had allowed anyone to share my kid's helmet. People don't share hats for sanitary reasons, yet very few people think about that when it comes to a baseball team.

Leave a comment:

• The Uncoach
    replied
    Great suggestions so far. I can't beat the $7 t-shirt, but I would suggest looking at the Augusta 586. The cost is relatively cheap and the braid adds a touch of class. Jersey is thin enough on a hot Summer day to be cool, but thick enough to still look good at the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• CircleChange11
    replied
    [ATTACH]110464[/ATTACH]

Here's what the $15 Champro jersey top looks like. IMO, the $7 Dri-Fit (same style and color) is a better option. No 2-button, just t-shirt collar. It's lighter, same style, and looks just as good. We use it for our "away" jersey, navy top, grey pant with navy piping.

With the 2-button the logo or print has to be done on the abdomen instead of the chest (if that matters).

I would go with the dri-fit t-shirt style as it looks just as good, feels better and costs half as much.

Per kid:

Hat = $16
    Jersey = $7 Dri-Fit ($15 for the 2-button) + $5 2-color logo print + $6 name and number = $18-$26 jersey.
    Pant = $15

Total cost per jersey (per kid) = ~$50 .... x 2 if you do 2 jerseys = $100. LIke I said we looked for $100 corporate sponsors and I told each sponsor that they "outfit one player" (essentially). We also added helmets ($20-25) and a no-wheels bat bag ($25-30), so the cost for each kid (11 players) was about 140-150. We found 16 sponsors and that paid for all the unis and banner ($125). I'll post our banner later. It doesn't look any different than the banners that teams spend A LOT more on, and we were able to do this because I can do some things in photoshop. I'd be willing to help you guys if that would be something you'd want. By "corporate sponsors" I mean anyone that is willing to donate, we ranged from uncles, to small business, to factories where a player's dad worked.
    I also wanted to add that [1] I don't think kids share helmets anymore. That was s surprise to me as a coach, but I don;t think parents really let their kids share helmets with other kids. So, we elected to just order helmets (to be uniform with each other) instead of having 11 players have 11 different styles of helmets. I printed our hat logo on the wall/window sticker paper and put it on the front, and a fancy one with our jersey logo on the back (only their last name replaced Express).

We got helmet bags because I had previous experience with travel ball and recognized right off that having bags that [1] hang on the fence and [2] have lots of pockets, keep the bench clear for people to actually use it and we don;t have stuff all over the floor. It can be important because there's limited time between innings, and after games it's in/out ... AND the players ALWAYS have all of their stuff AND know where it is.

Again, parents are going to but bags and helmets, and they're likely going to spend more than you would if you ordered them as a team ... AND they're all going to buy different styles. We just kept it simple and provided everything as one, from one source ... and ended up saving money (as a team/families) as opposed to doing it "on their own".

Leave a comment:

• Mur5
    replied
    CircleChange - As with tg643 I've really enjoyed your posts here at BBF. Thanks for the pic! At this point I think we'll be going with what you posted or somthing similar. Now its time to start working on a logo design!

Leave a comment:

• CircleChange11
    replied
    Originally posted by Mur5 View Post
    tg643 - Thanks. Not looking for "glitzy" uniforms, just matching ones. No bags or cleats either. With our team being the Black Sox I assumed we would have to design a custom jersey as we did with the rec season. During the rec season we just printed grey t-shirts with "Black Sox" on the front. This past season we entered a couple local Pony tourneys and saw that all the other teams had "real jerseys" with the Pony patch ect, even coaches. I’m just preparing for next season in hopes that they can wear the uniforms for both the rec season and travel season.

After reading through these posts I'm leaning towards going with the dry-fit "two button" type that CircleChange mentioned with printed logo.

JB UNI.jpg

Here's what the $15 Champro jersey top looks like. IMO, the $7 Dri-Fit (same style and color) is a better option. No 2-button, just t-shirt collar. It's lighter, same style, and looks just as good. We use it for our "away" jersey, navy top, grey pant with navy piping.

With the 2-button the logo or print has to be done on the abdomen instead of the chest (if that matters).

I would go with the dri-fit t-shirt style as it looks just as good, feels better and costs half as much.

Per kid:

Hat = $16
    Jersey = $7 Dri-Fit ($15 for the 2-button) + $5 2-color logo print + $6 name and number = $18-$26 jersey.
    Pant = $15

Total cost per jersey (per kid) = ~$50 .... x 2 if you do 2 jerseys = $100. LIke I said we looked for $100 corporate sponsors and I told each sponsor that they "outfit one player" (essentially). We also added helmets ($20-25) and a no-wheels bat bag ($25-30), so the cost for each kid (11 players) was about 140-150. We found 16 sponsors and that paid for all the unis and banner ($125). I'll post our banner later. It doesn't look any different than the banners that teams spend A LOT more on, and we were able to do this because I can do some things in photoshop. I'd be willing to help you guys if that would be something you'd want. By "corporate sponsors" I mean anyone that is willing to donate, we ranged from uncles, to small business, to factories where a player's dad worked.
    Last edited by CircleChange11; 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mur5
    replied
    Originally posted by tg643 View Post
    The message is simple. Expensive, hot looking uniforms don't make a team better. Our kids liked humbling teams that thought it did. Besides, the kids outgrow them every year. Maybe some teams need glitzy uniforms to attract players. We attracted players with quality instruction and winning. Save the hot uniforms for high school, showcase and college ball.
    tg643 - Thanks. Not looking for "glitzy" uniforms, just matching ones. No bags or cleats either. With our team being the Black Sox I assumed we would have to design a custom jersey as we did with the rec season. During the rec season we just printed grey t-shirts with "Black Sox" on the front. This past season we entered a couple local Pony tourneys and saw that all the other teams had "real jerseys" with the Pony patch ect, even coaches. I’m just preparing for next season in hopes that they can wear the uniforms for both the rec season and travel season.

After reading through these posts I'm leaning towards going with the dry-fit "two button" type that CircleChange mentioned with printed logo.

Leave a comment:

• Swing2Hit
    replied
    Go to www.boombah.com and get what you want. It is all quality stuff. If you want to buy just one set of stuff or multiple things it is all right there. Best idea for teams on a budget is to buy a set and then the parents can purchase anything else that they want at their expense. Every color combination that you could want. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X