Batting cage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batting cage question

I am preparing to upgrade my cage and would like some advice. I am going with a 55x12x12, question is with the netting: a #21 knotted or #36 knotless? Both are about the same price and are square hung. Looking at the knotless online I reallty don't know what holds it together and don't want it coming apart. Thanks.

Originally posted by Santoball View Post
    I am preparing to upgrade my cage and would like some advice. I am going with a 55x12x12, question is with the netting: a #21 knotted or #36 knotless? Both are about the same price and are square hung. Looking at the knotless online I reallty don't know what holds it together and don't want it coming apart. Thanks.
    I would go with the heavier line if it's all the same price. Only fall back would be the weight of the net itself.

Comment

I have to much money invested in the trapeziod frame to turn back now (1 5/8"), I need all the support I can get due to high winds. Planning to extend cage to 55' and hang net underneath, currently net is over frame and riccochets are getting dangerous. Any ideas on net twine size or companies, I've been looking at flex cages so far.new cage 2.JPGnew cage 1.JPG

Comment

I use this company http://www.battingcagesinc.com/index...ngCagePackages

I also have thought about hanging the net from the inside due to ricochets. this year i hung some small patch panel nets in front of the poles & I am going to put some foam pipe insulation at the top's. I'd rather not loose about 4 ft of cage by hanging it from the inside. The #36 HDPE Knotless Net has held up fine, as long as i raise it every night so rabbits don't get stuck in it

Comment

I too have installed the pipe insulation with tie wraps and it does help. Did you get the frame and net at cagesinc or just the net? I have thought about getting a trapezoid net and going over the frame. My cage is 12' wide not 10', I widened it in prep for a hanging net. I bought my connectors through a canopy place online. The major plus for me with our wide is the legs of the frame keep the net from blowing into hitter.

Comment

Can I ask you a question? Why not order a net that hangs down in the front of the cage but order it with a hole in the center. Then, you can purchase a pitching screen or perhaps you have that or a large screen and so line drives out of the cage will hit the screen. I had 3 full cages which we broke down into smaller cages or made them half cages and then we had two open ended cages that we did this to. For us, it worked out great. However, I don't know your situation.
            Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Santoball View Post
              I too have installed the pipe insulation with tie wraps and it does help. Did you get the frame and net at cagesinc or just the net? I have thought about getting a trapezoid net and going over the frame. My cage is 12' wide not 10', I widened it in prep for a hanging net. I bought my connectors through a canopy place online. The major plus for me with our wide is the legs of the frame keep the net from blowing into hitter.
              I ordered the whole thing from cageinc. I have been thinking of doing like cannonball recommends & just hanging a 10x10 impact panel & maybe just cutting out the center to hang in front of my L screan. I have an impact panel already in the rear to double up on the net & they are available on Ebay for about 40 bux

Comment

That is exactly what I'm doing now. My cage now is 30' with an open end partially blocked with an L screen and a 10x10 net behind that. I originally did just like you suggested, I had a 40' net and made 2 cages, 10' soft toss/back stop and current 30 footer. I'm wanting a little longer cage, pitching small balls to a 12 yr old from about 22 feet or so gets kinda scary, they come off pretty hot.

Comment

i pitch from about 40 ft now & it's plenty scary. I have an atec radius pitching machine that i may just wind up leaving out & covering it up , would give me a little more time to duck lol

Comment

IMG_5891.JPG Well, I finally got er done. Went with a net from practice sports, highly recommend them. Great product and fast shipping. Thanks so much for your help benz.

Comment

Very nice!! Good to see you were able to be innovative in such tight quarters.
                      May usable backyard space is 15'x49' and much to my wife's chagrin, the batting cage takes up all of it. :grouchy
                      In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

Looks great!
                        "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                        - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

How much did everything cost? I am tempted to do something similar.
                          WAR EAGLE!

Comment

[QUOTE=mudvnine;2058801]Very nice!! Good to see you were able to be innovative in such tight quarters.

haha, I'd kill to have that space man. that makes my mouth water.

Comment

Just curious. Whats the board for in the left hand batter box? Do you use it during drills?
                              My son and I have been trying to get my wife to let us invest the money for an outdoor cage but we can't get her to budge. Anybody have ideas how I can soften her stance?
                              Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.
                              (Babe Ruth)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X