Elbow Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamInNY View Post
    Both my kids are righties. They wear them on the inside of their left wrist when fielding and turn them over when hitting.

I don't have the elbow guards, fortunately haven't had an incident yet. I have told suggested them to players who bat opposite of their dominant hand (throw righty but bat lefty).
    Thanks, Adam! Have you had an issue where the wrist guards have gotten too small to squeeze the hand through, but the wrist isn't big enough to warrant a new size? I think I'm there with my son, but it just seems weird. 11 is a weird time for growth, I guess.

Comment

Wrist Guards - son wears 2 for catching, one left one right. Insert facing in for catching. When hitting they face out.
      Elbow - have not had a need yet but son has worn the shirt and wrist for years.

Comment

Originally posted by pcarnette View Post
        Thanks, Adam! Have you had an issue where the wrist guards have gotten too small to squeeze the hand through, but the wrist isn't big enough to warrant a new size? I think I'm there with my son, but it just seems weird. 11 is a weird time for growth, I guess.
        Both my kids use the medium size. (11 (5'2" 105lb) and 9 (4'11" 100lb)) When sweaty it can be a pita to get on/off, but otherwise fits fine.

Comment

Originally posted by pcarnette View Post
          They're cheaper than the shoe budget your going to rip through in the next few years!
          I should have invested in Mizzuno and Nike years ago to recoup my never ending purchases.

Comment

Thank you all for replies, I'm 23 so I don't think the size will be a problem.
            Evoshield army there

Comment

Originally posted by Coach C View Post
              Wrist Guards - son wears 2 for catching, one left one right. Insert facing in for catching. When hitting they face out.
              Elbow - have not had a need yet but son has worn the shirt and wrist for years.
              I remember when I was a player that bruises on the inside of a catchers forearms were a badge of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Justice23 View Post
                I remember when I was a player that bruises on the inside of a catchers forearms were a badge of honor.
                Oh he wears his on his forearms and biceps. the insert covers about 2" up the arm. Have you had a finger nail ripped off miss judging and ball in the dirt?

Comment

I would like to see upper body batting armor banned by all levels of baseball unless approved on a by case basis to protect an injury. Too many hitters get brave and crowd the plate with all that upper body protection. My son is a good example. Through high school he would take it for the team. In college at 90+ he gets the hell out of the way.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X