No announcement yet.

Wiffle Ball Bat = Bat speed ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make a post and because he's young its all sarcasm, I see tons of vids on here of 7 and 8 yr olds

because my son is 5 he's not allowed to love the game and be as serious as the next kid? regardless of age?

I was Told on this same post age doesn't matter .

Look on youtube tons of 2,3,4,5 yr old "Worlds greatest" baseball , football ,soccer player, Etc Vids
    its a digital world and every kid is growing up and showed off on youtube.

I'm not worried about 10 years from now everyone is saying his skill will level out with the rest if the kids,

I never asked what anyone thought of his future or to try and predict it.

Just because little johnny was great at 4 in t ball and failed in coach pitch or kid pitch (Which I have also seen)
    Doesn't mean it happens to all kids , just like the horrible T-ball player who's now in the MLB .
    Anything can happen

but common sense does tell me if my kids throws X Amount Distance at 5, well at 7,10,12 he is going to throw harder and Farther as long as he keeps using those muscles, sure its going to peak at some point

But right now he is playing for right now.
    Last edited by syidewayz; 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

At this age, I'd say "keep it fun". And playing wiffle ball games indoors sounds like a lot of fun...

Comment

Originally posted by syidewayz View Post
        I make a post and because he's young its all sarcasm, I see tons of vids on here of 7 and 8 yr olds

because my son is 5 he's not allowed to love the game and be as serious as the next kid? regardless of age?

I was Told on this same post age doesn't matter .

Look on youtube tons of 2,3,4,5 yr old "Worlds greatest" baseball , football ,soccer player, Etc Vids
        its a digital world and every kid is growing up and showed off on youtube.

I'm not worried about 10 years from now everyone is saying his skill will level out with the rest if the kids,

I never asked what anyone thought of his future or to try and predict it.

Just because little johnny was great at 4 in t ball and failed in coach pitch or kid pitch (Which I have also seen)
        Doesn't mean it happens to all kids , just like the horrible T-ball player who's now in the MLB .
        Anything can happen

but common sense does tell me if my kids throws X Amount Distance at 5, well at 7,10,12 he is going to throw harder and Farther as long as he keeps using those muscles, sure its going to peak at some point

If you don't see that having your son's own website illustrating his baseball prowess at 4 y.o. is not over the top then you are just waiting to set yourself up for possible disappointment in his later years.

Your son maybe 6'-5" 230 lb pitcher in high school or he may just be a 5'-7" 125 lb JV player or he may give up entirely. Who knows? Who cares?

Just enjoy (privately) each of your son's baseball games.

Common sense usually doesn't come in to play with over zealous parents. I know because I was one of them with my first son. Fortunately I didn't have internet back then.

Comment

I don't think anyone has issues with you posting vids of your son.

I don't think anyone has issues with your son loving the game. In fact, they seem to keep repeating that's the most important thing.

I was Told on this same post age doesn't matter.
          Matter to what? It doesn't matter that he's 4.8 playing U7 as it relates to your question about bat speed. His age does matter as it relates to what you want to teach him (complex baseball skills are often lost with young kids). So it depends on what you're referring to as mattering.

Look on youtube tons of 2,3,4,5 yr old "Worlds greatest" baseball , football ,soccer player,
          True. I don't have a single friend or person I spend time with that posts vids on youtube titled like that, for example, "8 YEAR OLD PHENOM!" Just not my style. I'd go as far to say that most on this forum would probably not be the type to make such posts either (which is maybe why I like this forum so much). I guess in short, yes there are those videos but that doesn't make it a good thing.

Great man great. It's tough to hear all these posts and not get defensive. Really tough, I get it. I hope you keep posting here, would love to watch your boy grow up playing and loving baseball. Maybe that's why I spent time writing this, even though I suspect there is a very good chance it won't make a difference. Then again, like you said, anything can happen
          Never played baseball, just a dad of someone that loves to play. So take any advice I post with a grain of salt.

Comment

but common sense does tell me if my kids throws X Amount Distance at 5, well at 7,10,12 he is going to throw harder and Farther as long as he keeps using those muscles, sure its going to peak at some point .
            Maybe, maybe not at 7, 10, 12. You'd be surprised about how kids develop at different rates. Some kids who are good very young get passed later, or sometimes not. I've seen a lot of variability so "common sense" isn't as easy as it may appear.

Bingo. My suggestion is to keep it that way for several years. Relax and enjoy the journey. It goes by very fast.

Good luck - JJA
            The outcome of our children is infinitely more important than the outcome of any game they will ever play

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X