Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High school swing Feedback

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High school swing Feedback

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpkk...ature=youtu.be

    Here is a video of my sons swing going into his freshman year of HS. I have received a lot of good advice here and have tried to implement some things. Looking for some additional feedback to try and further improve his swing. Thanks

  • #2
    I like what you've done here!

    A LOT!

    I remember a swing on this young man that was very upright... The lean & tilt here now, is really good!
    I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bolts-Baseball View Post
      I like what you've done here!

      A LOT!

      I remember a swing on this young man that was very upright... The lean & tilt here now, is really good!

      Yes that was an area we did work on.

      Comment


      • #4
        Pulling a little too much with the lead shoulder/arm instead of the rear hip (hands getting a bit ahead of his rear leg driver), but all-in-all, I'd say it's a pretty decent swing, that would definitely get him a roster spot on 90% of all HS freshman teams, and even some JV teams depending school size.
        In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
          Pulling a little too much with the lead shoulder/arm instead of the rear hip
          And a little too much front leg active push back.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lancers View Post
            And a little too much front leg active push back.
            Saw that in my sons swing today when we took vid..seems the front leg is too strong and he breaks down and "bounces back" if that makes sense too early as his center of mass isn't through enough. Is this due to not enough hip load? Or not enough drive from the rear side?

            Comment


            • #7
              Duplicate post
              Last edited by raptor; 08-24-2012, 09:16 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by raptor View Post
                Saw that in my sons swing today when we took vid..seems the front leg is too strong and he breaks down and "bounces back" if that makes sense too early as his center of mass isn't through enough. Is this due to not enough hip load? Or not enough drive from the rear side?
                In standball's case, I think he was trying to use that push back to achieve lean back. Without looking at your son's swing it will be hard to tell what could be the reason. But proper understanding of how to use the rear side to control the swing certainly won't hurt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
                  Pulling a little too much with the lead shoulder/arm instead of the rear hip (hands getting a bit ahead of his rear leg driver), but all-in-all, I'd say it's a pretty decent swing, that would definitely get him a roster spot on 90% of all HS freshman teams, and even some JV teams depending school size.
                  Noticed the hands as well being a little ahead.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lancers View Post
                    And a little too much front leg active push back.
                    I too notice the push back, son says his body has no where's to go after he runs into his left leg.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lancers View Post
                      In standball's case, I think he was trying to use that push back to achieve lean back. Without looking at your son's swing it will be hard to tell what could be the reason. But proper understanding of how to use the rear side to control the swing certainly won't hurt.
                      I know he is not trying to achieve lean back, it is as I stated earlier that his body has no where's to go when he shifts his weight into his left side. Not sure what the fix is for that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Standballdad View Post
                        I know he is not trying to achieve lean back, it is as I stated earlier that his body has no where's to go when he shifts his weight into his left side. Not sure what the fix is for that.
                        Try to get a good feel of keeping the hands back and proper weight transfer. A good rear leg control is important.

                        Here's a one leg hitting drill to try.



                        (Man he was so small back then)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lancers View Post
                          Try to get a good feel of keeping the hands back and proper weight transfer. A good rear leg control is important.

                          Here's a one leg hitting drill to try.



                          (Man he was so small back then)
                          Okay, I am familiar with this drill, looks like a shorter version of the happy Gilmore drill

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Standballdad View Post
                            Okay, I am familiar with this drill, looks like a shorter version of the happy Gilmore drill
                            Not the same thing. This is happy Gilmore walk up drill.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lancers View Post
                              Not the same thing. This is happy Gilmore walk up drill.

                              Yes, but doesn't it promote the weight shift

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X