Top HS age velocities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top HS age velocities

PerfectGame has a list of the top fastball velocities at their events this year by class.

2013 - 22 guys from 93-95 mph
    2014 - 10 from 92-94
    2015 - 9 from 90-91
    2016 - 7 from 86-91

By state:
    14 FL
    5 TX
    5 CA
    5 GA

What do they know in FL, that the rest of the country doesn't?
    efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
    How to throw hard?!

Comment

My son has played/plays with 3 of the FL kids in the 2016... 2 are around 6'4", and the other might be the strongest kid I've ever seen...
      I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolts-Baseball View Post
        My son has played/plays with 3 of the FL kids in the 2016... 2 are around 6'4", and the other might be the strongest kid I've ever seen...
        I guess one of my first questions would be if a number of them are coming from any particular program or pitching coach. Maybe someone out there has a 3 or 4mph secret the rest of us don't know about!

Comment

Year-round warm weather. Thats what.
          See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Isn't Mike Marshall's academy in Florida? Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
              Yeah, but Southern Cal and South Texas have the same advantage (not to mention Arizona - but not so much population). Of course, the breakdown of top five states is no surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
                yes. I heard that most players come from california, florida or texas because they can train outdoors all year. this gives the players more training and also more guys probably do summer sport like baseball or football while in cold states they might prefer hockey or basketball.
                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by azmatsfan View Post
                  Boooooo! No he did'n! :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Roothog66 View Post
                    Yeah, but Southern Cal and South Texas have the same advantage (not to mention Arizona - but not so much population). Of course, the breakdown of top five states is no surprise.
                    yes that is strange. especially if you consider that florida is a terrible market for baseball TV and attendence (see marlins and rays). people in florida don't seem to care about MLB.
                    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by azmatsfan View Post
                      These 2016 guys that I know have/had nothing to do with Mike Marshall whatsoever...
                      Last edited by Bolts-Baseball; 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roothog66 View Post
                        I guess one of my first questions would be if a number of them are coming from any particular program or pitching coach.
                        Here you go (5 in Palm Beach/Jupiter area are overlapping)
                        fla-pitchers.JPG
                        Last edited by songtitle; 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM.
                        efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                          yes that is strange. especially if you consider that florida is a terrible market for baseball TV and attendence (see marlins and rays). people in florida don't seem to care about MLB.
                          WHAT...??? First off, Tampa's Tropicana Dome's location is in the most ridiculous, remote, hard to get to, etc. place that anyone could ever put a facility... one entrance in and one entrance out driving wise makes traffic a real nightmare as well... It is Air-Conditioned, but it's really 'different' in there with the cat-walks and white roof... If the place was in Lakeland or on the eastside of Tampa, they would pull more in fans... The Marlins up until this season played in the absolute WORST place to play in Dolphins Stadium... The place was a complete joke... Now that the new place is domed and AC'd they'll have crowds... They just have to put a winner on the field... That's up to Loria now...

Comment

Here you go (5 in Palm Beach area)
                            [ATTACH]115849[/ATTACH]
                            So should we start refering to Port St. Lucie to Miami as the "velocity belt?"

Comment

Song,

It could be the locations of the showcases. If there were more in Georgia and Florida, then you'll typically get more of the kids from the south there than Texas or California. I've been all over of the country for baseball including Florida many times. Florida, Texas and California is where I think the baseball is the best due to so many kids playing, but you'll find great arms all over the country. I wouldn't read too much into the stats you showed.

-JJA
                              The outcome of our children is infinitely more important than the outcome of any game they will ever play

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X