No announcement yet.

Mike Epstein new dvds? "The Core Program"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I love this place. I get to test my understanding of hitting and pitching against a very critical (I mean this in a nice way) crowd. It's a good thing.

Peace and love.
    efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

songtitle, I stated that it was not how I was raised. Of course some members want to remain anonymous. Of course some members want to be able to attack others without people knowing who they are. Again, there was a caveat of continually and consistently . Obviously, you are fine with that.

Take care,

Darrell Butler
      Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
        Of course some members want to be able to attack others without people knowing who they are. Again, there was a caveat of continually and consistently . Obviously, you are fine with that.

Take care,

Darrell Butler
        Woah, I'm not sure where this is coming from. Maybe your definition of attacking is different than mine (although, I admit, I have called Marshall a quack :scholar. I thought this was a forum for the open discussion and challenge of ideas. Let me know if that's not the case.

Song
        Last edited by songtitle; 10-25-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

There is a difference between attacking and discussion. In the locked Yeager thread, when member continued to attack instead of discuss, their posts were edited or deleted. When they continued after that, the thread was locked.
          Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
            There is a difference between attacking and discussion. In the locked Yeager thread, when member continued to attack instead of discuss, their posts were edited or deleted. When they continued after that, the thread was locked.
            A casual reader might assume from what you wrote here that I caused a thread to be locked.

I don't think that was the case. I don't remember posting anything on the last 10 or so pages of that 19 page behemoth.

/ Looking back over this thread, I have a feeling that you and I may be talking about 2 different things. My English ain't so good.
            Last edited by songtitle; 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Buh Bye BBF!
              Last edited by NoonTime; 11-07-2013, 07:22 PM.
              @noontimegifs

Comment

So can we get back to the Epstein system/new DVD for the OP or continue on with this nonsense?

Comment

to topic: did anyone of you have have discussions with mike and jake about hitting? they don't visit forums, do they?
                  I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Several thoughts - thought I'd chime in here....
                    Originally posted by mr. potato head View Post
                    So do you feel Booth should produce a DVD because he has done EXACTLY what you claim you despise? Producing a DVD is the new requirement? I can think of at least one self proclaimed hitting expert who has a DVD out that is an absolute TRAIN WRECK and another who's DVD is barely worth using as a coaster under a cold beer at an all night poker tourney in my garage.
                    IMHO ...I have no issue with thoughtful evaluation and critque as long as it's done appropriately. Where it falls apart in baseball (I coached Basketball and never found the same contentiousness) is the "absolutes" that many cling to as if life itself were held in the balance... We all understand that all swings are slightly different and what works for Ichiro may not for Ortiz and what both use may have little application when teaching little Johnny, but still we argue like religious zelots - we hang on to those beliefs and dig our positions deep.

It is a shame that we are not allowed to critique, break down, attack those DVD's without getting our hands slapped for breaking the rules.
                    Here's where we greatly disagree - People here, and at other sites, get their hands slapped because they are unable to discuss the topics like adults. Added to that is the inherent difficulty in online discussions. I am uncertain how long you have been on these discussion boards, but these discussions have been going on for years (several decades) and they seem to attract everybody in baseball with narcissistic tendencies or bring out the hidden narccissist in us all. The discussions usually (always) breaks down when someone suggests "I have the answer and everyone else is an idiot." People have been hitting baseballs well long before any of our internet gurus have been around. To get a true sense of how low things progress in the baseball discussion E-world one only needs to visit a few blogs. It's baseball/coaching at it's worse.

Yeager had a chance to validate his teachings but instead disappeared when he was challenged.
                    Yeager has put years into his work (whether you agree with it or not)... Many like him are well beyond the point where they need to justify to the average guy what it is he does and why. Their time is better served elsewhere and if you do not subscribe to his work/positions/findings/etc., then don't use them.
                    I advise people like him NOT to get into major discussions on open boards because no matter who they are because there is ALWAYS someone who is willing to take the discussion down the sewer. People like him should start his own communication network (board) and teach what it is they believe to people who are really interested in hearing what it is they have to say.

I would put Mud's knowledge of the swing against anybody on this board and I doubt he is producing DVD's anytime soon. Granted Mud isn't claiming to be an expert...
                    Mud has helped many... I am certain both here and on the field...

....but I read where Booth claimed it and from reading his stuff he believes it too.
                    Jim is another example of a person who has put tons of time into what he teaches. But whether he claims to be an experts or you feel he claims to be an expert is banter that brings little to the discussion of good baseball, it just leads to discussion breakdown. Unfortunately, there are too many forumers on these boards who see more value in the foolishness than learning how to teach players. And there are those who simply thrive on the conflict.
                    You have coached for a long time and I have read many times how your coaching expertise has produced great success. Where is your DVD? Maybe you and Booth can hook up and put out a DVD together. :gt
                    CB HAS coached for a very long time and the proof of his work, like many here, lies on the field and in those he has taught.

I find that most who argue for the sake of arguing have little to bring to the game, especially to those learning on the field... But hey, that's JMHO.
                    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
                      I thought this was a forum for the open discussion and challenge of ideas. Let me know if that's not the case.

Song
                      Song, the rules are simple... open discussion is NEVER a problem.
                      Calling someone a quack is.

Comment

Originally posted by NoonTime View Post
                        So you say... word on the street is that the thread was locked to bail out jbooth from answering questions specifically about his comments on the Posada clip and other areas where his assertions were shown to be false. As to his attacking mine and others ignorance, lack of knowledge, inability to be educated, etc... I can say that it didn't really bother me and I generally just accepted it as an insecurity? on his part and coming with the territory. I can't speak for others who have been attacked by jbooth but they seemed to demonstrate a laudable ability to look past that and continue the discussion. Either way... that thread was staying way more on topic than this thread, and was much more valuable to the sharing and discussion of ideas about baseball (hitting in this case). If a member doesn't like being pressed on what they say or being asked to answer questions directly related to their own comments, perhaps they shouldn't be participating in the first place? Why lock an entire thread where multiple members were having perfectly fine and thought provoking discussion because one member is feeling attacked. How about that member just exercises his ability to step out of the discussion? I understand you think you are maintaining some level of decorum in how you moderate and ultimately lock some threads, just please make sure in doing so you are not really just protecting members from having to be accountable for their claims.
                        Cheers,
                        NoonTime
                        Noon you are way off here and I can assure you these are NOT the reasons the thread was locked. If you have any questions you can PM me

Comment

Originally posted by dominik View Post
                          to topic: did anyone of you have have discussions with mike and jake about hitting? they don't visit forums, do they?
                          I have absolutely had many discussions with Jake concerning hitting. I have even brought one of my boys to work with him for a few days. I don't know if they visit the forums and if they did, it would be silly for them to engage in hitting discussions with people who want to try and discredit them. Jake has always answered my questions very quickly via e-mail.

Mud, you talk a lot about how you can tell what an Epstein hitter looks like and you have also stated many times that you really don't know what Jake is teaching, just what Mike taught. I would tell you that this exact reasoning is why it was a great idea for a new DVD. Mike's teaching methods and Jake's are truthfully very different. I know the Epstein "look" from the past. I could spot them as well. But, Mike really hasn't taught in YEARS. I know for a fact that over the last 3 years, it has been all Jake. So, when you make comments such as..."I find Epstein to be a good place to start at that age level" You really are kind of discounting his ability to teach....and yet, you don't know what Jake teaches....only Mike.

Just in the past year Jake has worked with numerous MLB players and in fact had Sandavol and Belt hitting out of his facility this year when they stopped in town. He is very well respected and it isn't just a good starting point. My opinion is that if you don't know what they are currently teaching, than you shouldn't be pontificating to others about their teachings or their DVD.

Comment

And by the way, when I say currently teaching...I am not talking about over the past few months...I am talking about over the past many YEARS.

Comment

I prefer Mike's material over Jake's. Mike seems to have based it off of feel, from what he felt during his time in the MLB.

In short, the original material impresses me. It's good, and pretty teachable. The new information doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by pstein View Post
                                I prefer Mike's material over Jake's. Mike seems to have based it off of feel, from what he felt during his time in the MLB.

In short, the original material impresses me. It's good, and pretty teachable. The new information doesn't.
                                do you have the new DVD?
                                I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X