New Coach :0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Coach :0

I got Volunteered to Coach Fall Ball 7-8 yr olds: signed my Son up for baseball and didn't hear anything from a Coach or the league until they informed our team that we didn't have a Coach, Sumbitch.

Another Dad and I agreed to Co-Coach since neither one of us could commit 100% with our schedules. Luckily we are on the same page as to keeping it as fun as we can for the kids and us also. 4 games in and I think I'm hooked.

So far I've learned that despite the kids being our team they are the enemy and try everything they can to defeat us as coaches:
    Bats are not bats but space alien busting laser weapons.
    Gloves some how work better as hats and face shields rather than baseball catching devices.
    If one has to go to the bathroom everyone catches pee pee fever.
    In the 1st inning they all want to know what position they're playing in the 4th inning.
    Coaching your own kid is tough

Anyhoo- thanks to the forum I did learn some valuable tips in coaching kids- Splitting the team up for drills has made a tremendous amount of difference for our practice time-management and controlling the chaos.

Welcome to the site. I hope we can be a resource for you as you get to enjoy this journey.
    Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
      I got Volunteered to Coach Fall Ball 7-8 yr olds: signed my Son up for baseball and didn't hear anything from a Coach or the league until they informed our team that we didn't have a Coach, Sumbitch.

Another Dad and I agreed to Co-Coach since neither one of us could commit 100% with our schedules. Luckily we are on the same page as to keeping it as fun as we can for the kids and us also. 4 games in and I think I'm hooked.

So far I've learned that despite the kids being our team they are the enemy and try everything they can to defeat us as coaches:
      Bats are not bats but space alien busting laser weapons.
      Gloves some how work better as hats and face shields rather than baseball catching devices.
      If one has to go to the bathroom everyone catches pee pee fever.
      In the 1st inning they all want to know what position they're playing in the 4th inning.
      Coaching your own kid is tough

Anyhoo- thanks to the forum I did learn some valuable tips in coaching kids- Splitting the team up for drills has made a tremendous amount of difference for our practice time-management and controlling the chaos.
      It sounds like you have learned much already grasshopper.
      "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
      - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X