East Coast posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast posters

Hope you all are safe and dry. Good luck!

Thanks Bama!
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

We got hit hard here by wind and rain. Luckily, we never lost power and sustained no property damage. I had to work during the storm and the damage was minimal there too. Prayers to everyone else affected by Sandy.
      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

We had a flicker here and there...but nothing else....theres towns all over without power with it not scheduled to come back on for a few more days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
          Thanks Bama!
          Great to see you make a post!
          Granny said Sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what. Because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

I am an ex expert. I've done this long enough to know that those who think that they know it all, know nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
            Great to see you make a post!
            It will be an interesting rebuilding process... Cities and towns all along the whole northeast coastline will have to redefine how and where they rebuild. Sections of beach along NJ and CT are simply gone.

It's a good reminder what's important in life.
            "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
            - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

I can't even imagine what it's like there. I'm 12+ hours away in Indiana and the winds here are somewhat strong.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekD View Post
                I can't even imagine what it's like there. I'm 12+ hours away in Indiana and the winds here are somewhat strong.
                Have you ever been through a tornado?
                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  Have you ever been through a tornado?
                  Not really. I've been somewhat close but have never had to take serious shelter from one. The winds are probably similar but a tornado's winds affect such a small amount of area compare to a hurricane.

Comment

I live on the beach on the north shore of Boston. The winds were 60-80. The tide came up into the high grass. But, you wouldn't known there was a hurricane the next day. I had the tv on while I was working at my desk. I noticed Ch 4 was in front of my house. What they were describing was a lot worse than what was really happening. The news showed the same handful of situations repeatedly all day. On the south shore about 400K lost power for a few hours. The worst damage is always in Scitiuate on the south shore. Why anyone would build their house right up to the edge of the ocean is beyond me. I have forty yards between the ocean and the three foot wall in front of the house.
                    Last edited by tg643; 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I'm in NYC (Queens), buck was very fortunate not to lose power/internet/phone service. Lots of trees down by me, but a good portion of our large trees were taken out by the tornado in 2010. Still a mess. I work in Manhattan and have been working from home which looks like it will continue for a while since mass transit isn't running and because salt water got onto the tracks in places place, may not be running for another few days. School has been closed all week, but should re-open tomorrow.

Have a place on the eastern tip of Long Island (right before Montauk) which is on a strip of land which has the Atlantic Ocean to the south and Long Island Sound to the north. Entire strip of land is probably a mile wide if that. Somehow the house is still there and it didn't even flood!

Comment

I forgot. Comcast went down. But that happens on sunny days. Since I have USB remote internet access for my laptop and a spare tv antennae it didn't matter.

Comment

As a survivor of as many as 5 hurricanes churning through my state in the same year (My house directly impacted by 4 of them)..my prayers are with everyone...as the person responsible for Disaster Restoration for a major wireless carrier..and who has had crews in many storms over the last couple of decades...NY got a good whack...but Alabama last year was unreal and the only reason it wasn't the very worst holocaust of a storm since all those poor migrants just "disappeared" in the work camps down in S. Fl. after Andrew, is that The University of Alabama had the courage to listen and keep all those students home the day all those tornados hit.
                          What I am noticing is the media isn't letting it get as hysterical as things got after Katrina (Even months after that storm, my crews had to wear kevlar because they were getting shot at..no kidding).

Comment

Originally posted by DerekD View Post
                            Remarkable to think that the winds here in Indianapolis (shopping carts were rolling all over the place in parking lots) were due to a storm 800+ miles away...
                            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                              Remarkable to think that the winds here in Indianapolis (shopping carts were rolling all over the place in parking lots) were due to a storm 800+ miles away...
                              The storm wasn't really 800 miles away. The center was. But the storm was 1,000 miles wide. Indiana is only 600 miles from Philadelphia.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X