SWING ANALYSIS - for my son please. He is struggling right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWING ANALYSIS - for my son please. He is struggling right now

Dads calm down. Some of you are doing more harm than good!!!
    Last edited by hitwithwood; 04-22-2019, 11:50 AM.

He has a stride/coil problem, caused first by a shoulder problem.

His shoulders are 'upside down' in the stance and at toe touch. (front is up, and should be down)

This may be causing the downstream bat drag and premature hip opening.

Fix the shoulders first, and see what happens. Have him try this in a mirror at home, for a few minutes every night for a while.

In stance - front shoulder should be even or slightly down

During stride - coil shoulder and hip inward. His front shoulder/elbow should go down (will be lower than the back shoulder).

During the swing - the shoulder and elbows "/" should reverse "\"

Last edited by songtitle; 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM. Reason: added some details
    efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

Originally posted by songtitle View Post
      His shoulders are upside down in the stance and at toe touch. (front is up, and should be down)

This may be causing the downstream bat drag and premature hip opening.

Fix the shoulders first, and see what happens.

Even shoulders in stance, coil inward during the stride. His front shoulder (and elbow) should go down (will be lower than the back shoulder).
      I definitely see what you are talking about in the video. I will even his shoulders in the the stance, ensure the coil, but what is the best way to teach the front shoulder. Im having a hard time visualizing this. Would this be best to work on the tee or soft toss?

I have been working with him to stride at pitch release, seems he is getting his foot down late a bit and starting his swing during the stride. I just dont want to create more problems

Comment

Thanks for the video. I see what you are saying. How do I break this down easily to help correct this? Sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by hitwithwood View Post
          Thanks for the video. I see what you are saying. How do I break this down easily to help correct this? Sorry for all the questions.
          Hit,
          Go to the thread Pics Clips and Sites... There are a number of clips there that may help you.
          Jake
          "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
          - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

what is the best way to teach the front shoulder. Im having a hard time visualizing this. Would this be best to work on the tee or soft toss?
            I added some detail above

They go like this... stance _ stride / swing \

starting his swing during the stride. I just dont want to create more problems
            He can't coil until you fix his shoulders. Fix the shoulders first. Then work on coiling, if he still has a problem. It may fix itself.
            Last edited by songtitle; 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

That bat head drops below his hands, which usually results in popups and lack of control.
              www.glovedoctor.net

Comment

The bat head should go below the hands by the 3rd "dot". The kids bat head drops a dot early. (But don't worry about all that, just work on his shoulders for now)

Last edited by songtitle; 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

thank you again. i can see exactly what you are saying and yow to fix it. i will let you know how he progresses and upload another video when he is doing it right consistently. i cant tell you how much i appreciate ypur help

Comment

Maybe this will help with his posturing. Just something for him to look at.

TedScrunch.gif

I know you said you didn't want age to come up but he is working to get that bat around because of age and size and strength. Normal.

I'd tell him 'Put your hands here, your feet here, stride, hit.

Just another couple of things,
                    Pitch the ball more "level" to him. I know he'll still see "lobs" in the games, but since you want to work on things,,, pitch more level to him.
                    He'll be better for it.

Put the bat in the neck slot, the area between his rear shoulder and his ear. Then simply cock his hands, the barrel tip will be pointed more to the field of play. This will likely have an effect on his tilt. That's a good thing.
                    It'll look something like this;
                    Cocked and ready.jpg

See what you get. Then let 'er rip,,,let him hit.

Comment

maybe sit on a bucket and throw to him, probably not going to see someone your size at his age.

Comment

He does some things with his lower body that are really nice for a 6 year old. He pivots a little on his back foot, steps somewhat straightish towards the pitcher, and gets some reasonable hip rotation.

I know he is young but these are some of the same characteristics of a Miguel Cabrera, an Arod, and a Cano....

That he is popping up a lot lately and struggling are also the same characteristics of a Cabrera, Arod, and Cano.
                        Major Figure

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X