• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StanTheMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NoonTime View Post
    Fixed!

Well, the original logo was Pete Gray, but I see what you were going for...

Leave a comment:

• steddie
    replied
    Originally posted by Swing Coach View Post
    Need to get a swing logo made for some upcoming swing clinics. Im Not very artistic or graphically inclined. Anybody that could help and send me a cool swing logo would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Thanks,

SC
    Swing Coach,

There have been times when coaching some of the younger players, I have felt I probably gave them too much information too soon. From the looks on their faces, as they try to put it all together in their mind, they were probably thinking something like the attachment.

Good luck with your swing clinics.
    Steddie

SteddieSwingConfusion2012.jpg

Leave a comment:

• steddie
    replied
    SteddieSwingElite2012.jpg

Here's more of a logo type graphic.

Leave a comment:

• johnlanza
    replied
    Originally posted by steddie View Post
    [ATTACH]117365[/ATTACH]

Well, did you find a logo? Seemed like some of the ones others submitted could work pretty well. The overlapping images might work but you probably have a more effective logo if you convert each frame to line art, in a simplification process -- then overlapping. Photoshop filter "Rubber Stamp" or "Posterize Edges" works pretty well on a picture that has plenty of contrast.

Anyway, thought you might like to examine the attached -- this is a sketch for a poster concept Ive been working on to show a couple of things:how a lot of things seem to happen at once in the baseball swing and how the elite swing is a blend of "art" and "science". Not really the proper thing for a logo per se -- more of static graphic interpretation. I'm trying to account for the major forces exerted during the running start swing. Feel free to indicate other forces that should be included.
    Okay, are those knuckles aligned correctly?

Leave a comment:

• steddie
    replied
    It is not overly masculine, is it? , but no. I didn't have a photo or live model to work with during my lunch hour -- I visualized one of those androgynous "wooden, posable figures" artists use for figure study -- I reasoned, that way, it might appeal to a wider audience. (There are lots of daughters that play softball who want to improve). For more masculinity, just beef up the thighs, calves, square off the jaw, whathaveyou...

Leave a comment:

• steddie
    replied
    C'mon dude -- you need to get out more...

Leave a comment:

• tradosaurus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
    Is that a woman?
    It looks more like a guy needing to go to the restroom really bad.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Is that a woman?

Leave a comment:

• steddie
    replied
    Not so much a logo -- more of a poster concept...

SteddieSwing2012.jpg

Well, did you find a logo? Seemed like some of the ones others submitted could work pretty well. The overlapping images might work but you probably have a more effective logo if you convert each frame to line art, in a simplification process -- then overlapping. Photoshop filter "Rubber Stamp" or "Posterize Edges" works pretty well on a picture that has plenty of contrast.

Anyway, thought you might like to examine the attached -- this is a sketch for a poster concept Ive been working on to show a couple of things:how a lot of things seem to happen at once in the baseball swing and how the elite swing is a blend of "art" and "science". Not really the proper thing for a logo per se -- more of static graphic interpretation. I'm trying to account for the major forces exerted during the running start swing. Feel free to indicate other forces that should be included.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
    Have someone take this and just provide an outline of the swing steps as it looks above.
    My first idea was to use the first frame, and then changing the opacity on the others, stack them right on top to show the swing. That way, the crowd, bench, etc stays in one place. Turned into a cluster F though.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
    Depends on who you want to believe, the guy who actually drew the logo, or Harmon Killebrew's account of seeing someone working on a logo in the commissioner's office.....here is the ESPN story from 2008.

Everyone's just gonna have to make up their own minds......
    I've looked into it, and I think it's possible the artist had Killebrew and some other hitters' pictures there to get ideas. Harmon saw his and assumed it was all about him. That design is so simple and common, that it could literally be 1000 different players.

Leave a comment:

• BamaYankee
    replied
    Please let me know if you haven't found a solution yet. PM. I can help.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Patterson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
    Just an idea, since you can't use video

[ATTACH]117215[/ATTACH]
    Have someone take this and just provide an outline of the swing steps as it looks above.

Leave a comment:

• mudvnine
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    I don't want to take this off-tangent, but I heard once that the MLB logo (the one with the batter's shoulders and head) was based on Harmon Killebrew's profile. Is that true?
    Depends on who you want to believe, the guy who actually drew the logo, or Harmon Killebrew's account of seeing someone working on a logo in the commissioner's office.....here is the ESPN story from 2008.

Everyone's just gonna have to make up their own minds......

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Will look into it

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X