SSK Fungo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSK Fungo

I am in the market for a new fungo, SSK is at the top of my list. Is the barrel 2 1/4 like the coaches war club? I like the war club for I/F work but now need to get fly balls to outfielders. One of the HS coaches has what looks like a larger barreled fungo that effortlessly hits balls to O/F, wondering if its an SSK. Thanks

Santoball, I do not believe you are going to find a fungo barrel bigger than 2 1/4. There are two SSK fungos out on the market: PS100 (33") and the PS200 (37"). Most coaches use the shorter fungo for infield, and the longer fungo for outfield. The other coach's barrel, on his/her fungo, might have looked larger because the fingo was longer. I hope this assists you in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Santoball View Post
      I am in the market for a new fungo, SSK is at the top of my list. Is the barrel 2 1/4 like the coaches war club? I like the war club for I/F work but now need to get fly balls to outfielders. One of the HS coaches has what looks like a larger barreled fungo that effortlessly hits balls to O/F, wondering if its an SSK. Thanks

I have a Zinger (which might be no longer available) that was great. I could hit a soda can on 2B with it.
      "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
      - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
        I have a Zinger (which might be no longer available) that was great. I could hit a soda can on 2B with it.
        I have two that are custom made by JAW Bats. Very small company but we get all of our sticks from them.

Comment

I have an SSK 33 and a Rawlings. SSK by far IMO is the better one. The 33 is good for outfield if your on a smaller LL type field but once you move up to the big field you'll need something longer.
          Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.
          (Babe Ruth)

Comment

We have a great line of Fungos, all made with European Beech (all Mine Bats are EB). Worth checking out.

I use the Maggiore for infield work - very balanced and I've won a few "fungo games" with it. The Orta is very solid (heavy) which I sort of like. European Beech just has a really good feel to it, and it is no different in fungos.

Here is a link:

http://minebats.com/fungo
            www.glovedoctor.net

Comment

There have been many styles of Fungo, some longer, some thicker - all designed to make it easier for coaches to hit more accurately. I wouldn't pick one make over another. Have a look at all the bats available. Here is a great site I found - with lots of fungs. All they do is Fungo's.

http://www.fungobat.com
              Davids Justice
              Baseball Bat Deals
              Tickets Broker
              Fungo Bats
              Cage Jacket
              Baseball Bags

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X