Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davids Justice
    replied
    There have been many styles of Fungo, some longer, some thicker - all designed to make it easier for coaches to hit more accurately. I wouldn't pick one make over another. Have a look at all the bats available. Here is a great site I found - with lots of fungs. All they do is Fungo's.

http://www.fungobat.com

Leave a comment:

• The Glovedoctor
    replied
    We have a great line of Fungos, all made with European Beech (all Mine Bats are EB). Worth checking out.

I use the Maggiore for infield work - very balanced and I've won a few "fungo games" with it. The Orta is very solid (heavy) which I sort of like. European Beech just has a really good feel to it, and it is no different in fungos.

Here is a link:

http://minebats.com/fungo

Leave a comment:

• kimbercarry
    replied
    I have an SSK 33 and a Rawlings. SSK by far IMO is the better one. The 33 is good for outfield if your on a smaller LL type field but once you move up to the big field you'll need something longer.

Leave a comment:

• MD Diamond Sports
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Patterson View Post
    I have a Zinger (which might be no longer available) that was great. I could hit a soda can on 2B with it.
    I have two that are custom made by JAW Bats. Very small company but we get all of our sticks from them.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Patterson
    replied
    Originally posted by Santoball View Post
    I am in the market for a new fungo, SSK is at the top of my list. Is the barrel 2 1/4 like the coaches war club? I like the war club for I/F work but now need to get fly balls to outfielders. One of the HS coaches has what looks like a larger barreled fungo that effortlessly hits balls to O/F, wondering if its an SSK. Thanks

I have a Zinger (which might be no longer available) that was great. I could hit a soda can on 2B with it.

Leave a comment:

• MD Diamond Sports
    replied
    Santoball, I do not believe you are going to find a fungo barrel bigger than 2 1/4. There are two SSK fungos out on the market: PS100 (33") and the PS200 (37"). Most coaches use the shorter fungo for infield, and the longer fungo for outfield. The other coach's barrel, on his/her fungo, might have looked larger because the fingo was longer. I hope this assists you in any way.

Leave a comment:

• Santoball
    started a topic SSK Fungo

SSK Fungo

I am in the market for a new fungo, SSK is at the top of my list. Is the barrel 2 1/4 like the coaches war club? I like the war club for I/F work but now need to get fly balls to outfielders. One of the HS coaches has what looks like a larger barreled fungo that effortlessly hits balls to O/F, wondering if its an SSK. Thanks

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X