Best forearm workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best forearm workout

What would be the best workout for building up my throwing arm(right) so it doesnt get so tired in my elbow any suggestions?
    Nothin better than making 500,000 people from NY shut up.
    -Curt Shilling

squeeze a tennis ball, sounds weird but do it.
    "I feel like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the planet, I might have had a bad break or two but I have an awful lot to live for, thank you."
    -Lou Gehrig

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    - Christy Matthewson

Comment

forearm

get a short metal/plastic bar about 1 foot, thats not real heavy. tie a three foot rope around it and tie a weight(about 5 pounds depending on how old or strong you are) hold your arms out straight and roll the rope around the bar until the weight is completely up. Roll your wrists to get it up. once it is all the way up, do the same again to let it all the way down.
      Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. - Bull Durham

Baseball is the only place where a Sacrifice is very appreciated.

A baseball park is the one place where a man's wife doesn't mind his getting excited over somebody else's curves. ~Brendan Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Capt2712
        get a short metal/plastic bar about 1 foot, thats not real heavy. tie a three foot rope around it and tie a weight(about 5 pounds depending on how old or strong you are) hold your arms out straight and roll the rope around the bar until the weight is completely up. Roll your wrists to get it up. once it is all the way up, do the same again to let it all the way down.
        Yeah, this is what I did in high school. You can really feel your forearms burn when you do this.
        I'm NickG, and I approve this message.

Home page

"In God we trust, all else must have data."
        -- Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson

Comment

Thanx

Thanks the matal bar thing feels good. Just tried it.
          Nothin better than making 500,000 people from NY shut up.
          -Curt Shilling

Comment

Originally posted by Platemaster36
            What would be the best workout for building up my throwing arm(right) so it doesnt get so tired in my elbow any suggestions?
            Buy a pair of the hand grippers.

Comment

In addition to the wrist roller and the hand squeezers, you can also do reverse curls, dumbell wrist exercises (3 directions--flexion and extension), and make yourself a rice bucket. Bury a small item in a 5 gallon bucket of rice and dig around in the bucket trying to find it....sounds weird, but works great!

Also, I hope when you say elbow area, that you mean the muscles right below the elbow, toward the hand???

-DD-

www.maxxtraining.com
              MAXX Training - the latest on sports training & athletic performance! www.maxxtraining.com

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Damon
                Buy a pair of the hand grippers.
                I use them faithfully everyday. I keep a set in the car, a set at my office desk, and a set at my house. The improvement in my grip strength is very obvious, and it has helped get my hands around to the ball in my swing quicker. I haven't yet noticed much of a change with regard to pitching, however, I am learning new things everyday when it comes to throwing.
                Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X