• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kylebee
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny_Damon
    Buy a pair of the hand grippers.
    I use them faithfully everyday. I keep a set in the car, a set at my office desk, and a set at my house. The improvement in my grip strength is very obvious, and it has helped get my hands around to the ball in my swing quicker. I haven't yet noticed much of a change with regard to pitching, however, I am learning new things everyday when it comes to throwing.

Leave a comment:

• Maxx
    replied
    In addition to the wrist roller and the hand squeezers, you can also do reverse curls, dumbell wrist exercises (3 directions--flexion and extension), and make yourself a rice bucket. Bury a small item in a 5 gallon bucket of rice and dig around in the bucket trying to find it....sounds weird, but works great!

Also, I hope when you say elbow area, that you mean the muscles right below the elbow, toward the hand???

-DD-

www.maxxtraining.com

Leave a comment:

• slugger33
    replied
    Originally posted by Platemaster36
    What would be the best workout for building up my throwing arm(right) so it doesnt get so tired in my elbow any suggestions?
    Buy a pair of the hand grippers.

Leave a comment:

• Platemaster36
    replied
    Thanx

Thanks the matal bar thing feels good. Just tried it.

Leave a comment:

• NickG
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt2712
    get a short metal/plastic bar about 1 foot, thats not real heavy. tie a three foot rope around it and tie a weight(about 5 pounds depending on how old or strong you are) hold your arms out straight and roll the rope around the bar until the weight is completely up. Roll your wrists to get it up. once it is all the way up, do the same again to let it all the way down.
    Yeah, this is what I did in high school. You can really feel your forearms burn when you do this.

Leave a comment:

• Capt2712
    replied
    forearm

get a short metal/plastic bar about 1 foot, thats not real heavy. tie a three foot rope around it and tie a weight(about 5 pounds depending on how old or strong you are) hold your arms out straight and roll the rope around the bar until the weight is completely up. Roll your wrists to get it up. once it is all the way up, do the same again to let it all the way down.

Leave a comment:

• YankeesCatcher
    replied
    squeeze a tennis ball, sounds weird but do it.

Leave a comment:

• Platemaster36
    started a topic Best forearm workout

Best forearm workout

What would be the best workout for building up my throwing arm(right) so it doesnt get so tired in my elbow any suggestions?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X