Baseball workouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball workouts?

First of all just want to say thanks for taking the time to actually read this thread . Well like many of the other post in this forum I am trying to get some advice for a baseball workout so I can tryout for my college team(VCU). I will be going into my sophmore season next school year and want to be in the best shape I can for tryouts. I havent played ball since sophmore year in high school.

I have been doing sprints 90 feet versions and sprinting up stairs. I have been doing workouts like
    push ups about 200 a night(more or same?)
    sit ups about 400 or so a night( should I do more or keep it where it is)

The only weight equipment I have is a bench so I do basic bench press, barbell curls and military press with the barbells. Also do Leg Extensions with the bench.

I have been going to the batting cage like three times a week. Already after a week of working out I can see improvment in my swing and how I hit the ball. My biggest problem with batting is trying to get my timing down but it is coming.

Most of this stuff I just gathered from reading previous post in this forum but I was wondering if there is anything else I should add or drop from my workout before I get any deeper into it.

Also I will be going to a 5 day baseball camp this summer the Ozzie Smith one. So I will appreciate any help or tips you guys can give me

I can help you, i just got a great workout schedule, if your interested, Someone I know gave it to me who played triple AAA ball as a catcher and had a chance at the majors but his knees weren't healthy, it will help your footwork, speed, strength, Arm strength, flexibility, and if you stick to it, your guaranteed results
    Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. - Bull Durham

Baseball is the only place where a Sacrifice is very appreciated.

A baseball park is the one place where a man's wife doesn't mind his getting excited over somebody else's curves. ~Brendan Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Capt2712
      I can help you, i just got a great workout schedule, if your interested, Someone I know gave it to me who played triple AAA ball as a catcher and had a chance at the majors but his knees weren't healthy, it will help your footwork, speed, strength, Arm strength, flexibility, and if you stick to it, your guaranteed results
      if you don't mind i'd be interested in that too. i'm was planning to try out for my college team in the fall and i've been trying to put on some weight.

during the off season i try to do a lot of work off a tee and use a wooden bat. i definetly try to get long toss in a few times a week too.
      The great trouble with baseball today is that most of the players are in the game for the money and that's it, not for the love of it, the excitement of it, the thrill of it. -Ty Cobb

Comment

I would appreciate if you could email that or PM it to me [email protected]

Comment

I would also appreciate if you could email that workout plan to me at [email protected]

Thank you
          Last edited by Redsox33; 05-29-2005, 08:03 PM.

Comment

jumpin the bandwagon

[email protected]
            Back like I never left

Comment

Originally posted by Capt2712
              Can I get a copy?

Thanks

[email protected]
              "Abreu is one of the big leagues' rare six-tool players, since plate discipline is long overdue to be added to the original five: hit, run, catch, throw, hit for power."

--Kevin Hench, FoxSports.com

Flags Fly Forever

Comment

Yes Ill send it to all of you
                Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. - Bull Durham

Baseball is the only place where a Sacrifice is very appreciated.

A baseball park is the one place where a man's wife doesn't mind his getting excited over somebody else's curves. ~Brendan Francis

Comment

Thanks man.

Frank
                  "Abreu is one of the big leagues' rare six-tool players, since plate discipline is long overdue to be added to the original five: hit, run, catch, throw, hit for power."

--Kevin Hench, FoxSports.com

Flags Fly Forever

Comment

If you could hit me with it too Id really appreciate it

[email protected]

Comment

Me 2

Yeah could u send it to me too. Ill really appreciate it. Thanks
                      Future 2007 first round amauter draft pick by the new york yankees (11th overall)

Comment

OOPS!! my e-mail adress is [email protected]
                        Future 2007 first round amauter draft pick by the new york yankees (11th overall)

Comment

me 2 please, it's [email protected]
                          "I feel like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the planet, I might have had a bad break or two but I have an awful lot to live for, thank you."
                          -Lou Gehrig

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
                          - Christy Matthewson

Comment

Please send me a copy for my son!

Hi.
                            I'd greatly appreciate a copy also, for my son.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Comment

Could you send me a copy aswell? I am looking to improve my leg strength for a better throw to second (as a catcher). Thanks alot
                              [email protected]
                              WAMCO!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X