The Catchers Gear Bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Catchers Gear Bag

Sorry, I know there are a million of these threads. Thought it was better to start a new one rather than revive a dead one.

My son had the Boombah Beast. It lasted most of 10U and into the end of the 11U season. His biggest beef with it was that, while large, he still had to really stuff all his gear in there. (He travels with A LOT of gear.)

Beast dimensions are: 40"L x 14"W x 13"H

Prior to the 11U fall season, I got him the Easton Brigade XL Wheeled Bag. It's an aircraft carrier. Dimensions: 38"L x 19"W x 16"H

As you can see, the Easton gives you 6.7 cubic feet whereas the Boombah gives you 4.2 cubic feet.

However, the Easton is not constructed nearly as tough as the Boombah. We're just knocking on the door of the spring season and I can already tell the Easton will not make it into summer.

Anyone have some good suggestions on a big bag? I know some of recommended hockey bags. But, I have yet to see one that doesn't scream "It's a hockey bag!" (Doesn't matter to me. To a 12-year, that's a different story.)

And, yes, I know, the simple answer is: Carry less gear. But, that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by BBSG; 04-11-2016, 10:37 AM.

This one should do it... Gear Bag

Comment

Diamond Gear Box. Very similar to the No Errors but the sides stand up better and it's about $60 cheaper. Another catcher on my son's team has the NE and we looked at it carefully. I liked it but the sides flop like a dead squirrel.
      Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

this one might be more suitable for 11U

Comment

Originally posted by stkjock View Post
          This one should do it... Gear Bag
          LOL. Dude, you got me!

Comment

Amen to that!

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
              Diamond Gear Box. Very similar to the No Errors but the sides stand up better and it's about $60 cheaper. Another catcher on my son's team has the NE and we looked at it carefully. I liked it but the sides flop like a dead squirrel.
              Thanks - but, it's 38" X 12" X 15"
              That's smaller than the Boombah

Comment

Originally posted by BBSG View Post
                LOL. Dude, you got me!
                style man... style....
                Originally posted by BBSG View Post
                Amen to that!
                :0

Comment

My son's best friend has a Beast. The GB will hold more junk. It will hold catcher's gear, a couple of pairs of cleats, Crocs, three gloves, with room to spare, and sundry items in the pockets. The Beast tapers at the handle, the GB is a box...and I'm a fan of Boombah gear.
                  Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
                    My son's best friend has a Beast. The GB will hold more junk. It will hold catcher's gear, a couple of pairs of cleats, Crocs, three gloves, with room to spare, and sundry items in the pockets. The Beast tapers at the handle, the GB is a box...and I'm a fan of Boombah gear.
                    Good to know. Thanks. Agreed, box shape is better.

Comment

This one looks big
                      40 inch long x 20 inch Wide x 12 inch Tall.
                      But, I have no idea on the brand

http://maxballbags.com/shop/cobra-xl-catchers-roller/

Comment

your googlefoo is weak BB

http://www.amazon.com/Camouflage-Sof.../dp/B00A1TDSR2

Comment

My son used this one for 4 years and it's still functional.
                          http://www.tanel360.com/shop-online/...wheel-bag.html

Comment

The comment on the catchers helmet in the reviews was concerning

Comment

My son switched from a Boombah beast bag to just carrying two duffle bags. One large duffle has all of his catching stuff in it and a bat that hangs out of the top of the bag (that is what all of the area high school kids use) and the other is a medium sized bag that has all of his gloves and a helmet in it. It has made everything a lot easier and he likes it better than a baseball bag.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X