Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Catchers Gear Bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Golfman25 View Post
    Go two bags. Get a backpack for bats, helmet, etc. and a duffle or wheeled bag for catchers gear. The plus is if you're just going to hit, you grab the backpack and don't have to lug everything around.
    Yeah, I think this is likely the route we'll go.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BBSG View Post
      This one looks big
      40 inch long x 20 inch Wide x 12 inch Tall.
      But, I have no idea on the brand

      http://maxballbags.com/shop/cobra-xl-catchers-roller/
      My son started using that bag. It is ginormous. Almost too big. It has lots of well placed pockets, and a big gear bin in the middle. The bat storage is in the side pockets, which he prefers. We are about 20 games in so far, and it has minimal wear and tear, no torn stitches or broken zippers. One minor gripe.... unlike his old bag there is no handle near the wheels, and you really need two handles to toss it in the trunk. It is HUGE.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
        My son started using that bag. It is ginormous. Almost too big. It has lots of well placed pockets, and a big gear bin in the middle. The bat storage is in the side pockets, which he prefers. We are about 20 games in so far, and it has minimal wear and tear, no torn stitches or broken zippers. One minor gripe.... unlike his old bag there is no handle near the wheels, and you really need two handles to toss it in the trunk. It is HUGE.
        Thanks Dilbert.

        Comment


        • #34
          Looks like these are the finalists(?)

          Diamond Sports Baseball Gear Box
          38" x 12" x 15" - about $125

          Max Ball Bags Cobra XL Catchers
          40" x 20" x 12" - about $125

          Tanel 360 RAGE
          39” L x 15” (21” w/ pockets) x 13” H = about $160

          Still want to see what Xan has to say.

          Comment


          • #35
            I never had a problem with the Beast for my 11 year old but you have to be neat. Stack the guards and tuck one end into helmet maybe other into mask. Are wheels a must?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dropabunt View Post
              I never had a problem with the Beast for my 11 year old but you have to be neat. Stack the guards and tuck one end into helmet maybe other into mask. Are wheels a must?
              Thanks. Agreed, if you want to take your time and be deliberate, the beast can work. That's not going to work for my impulsive kid. He wants to throw it all in there fast and easy. Wheels do help. To be candid, even I have to really lift to carry his bag now. It's got a ton of gear in there. Right now, today, it has:

              4 bats.
              Full set of catchers gear.
              2 fielders mitts, one catchers mitt, one 1B mitt.
              Batting helmet.
              Cleats.
              Water bottles and seeds.
              Sunglasses.
              Batting gloves.

              including the bag itself, it easily weighs 40 pounds. At least it feels that heavy when I pick it up. That's a lot to carry for a kid who is barely 100 pounds.

              Comment


              • #37
                Used this one a few years ago.

                https://www.rawlingsgear.com/product/WHWB2

                Still good condition after two years of heavy use.

                Comment


                • #38
                  My friend just got this for his son. He is giving it as a birthday gift this weekend:

                  http://www.noerrors.com/page/show/11...2-catchers-bag

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Golfman25 View Post
                    Used this one a few years ago.

                    https://www.rawlingsgear.com/product/WHWB2

                    Still good condition after two years of heavy use.
                    Thanks. Looks like you really have to fold up the gear to get it in there.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jbolt_2000 View Post
                      My friend just got this for his son. He is giving it as a birthday gift this weekend:

                      http://www.noerrors.com/page/show/11...2-catchers-bag
                      Good luck. I have heard bad things on those bags.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        We're in the same boat. the wheeled bags are about 10 lbs heavier than the big duffle bags and it's time to decide on a bat or 2. No need to lug 4 bats to every practice or game. He should bring 2 bats to practice (1 being a wood) and maybe 2 to a game. Just my thoughts.

                        I have:
                        2 bats (both drop -5).
                        Full set of catchers gear.
                        2 fielders mitts, one catchers mitt
                        Batting helmet.
                        Cleats.
                        J-Bands
                        Sunglasses.
                        Batting gloves.
                        Playboy

                        21 LBS with wheelless duffle

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BBSG View Post
                          Good luck. I have heard bad things on those bags.
                          Ouch, really? Like what?

                          He likes that it opens up like a locker as well as the big, heavy duty wheels.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            IIRC, the zippers were garbage. But, maybe I am misremembering it?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Yes, and the reason we did not buy a Tannel.
                              Put your junk in your pocket!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jbolt_2000 View Post
                                Ouch, really? Like what?

                                He likes that it opens up like a locker as well as the big, heavy duty wheels.
                                My son has one and the bag is fine. Zippers were upgraded on newer models. I really like how it sits up off the ground so the bag doesn't get wet if there is anything on the dugout floor. Cost was the only big drawback but we bought it from Sports Academy and found some coupon codes to get them cheaper.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X