X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rastlet - good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
      Yes, and the reason we did not buy a Tannel.
      Our Tannel is 4 years old and not a single zipper has gone out and it has gotten extensive use over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by BBSG View Post
        Thanks. Agreed, if you want to take your time and be deliberate, the beast can work. That's not going to work for my impulsive kid. He wants to throw it all in there fast and easy. Wheels do help. To be candid, even I have to really lift to carry his bag now. It's got a ton of gear in there. Right now, today, it has:

4 bats.
        Full set of catchers gear.
        2 fielders mitts, one catchers mitt, one 1B mitt.
        Batting helmet.
        Cleats.
        Water bottles and seeds.
        Sunglasses.
        Batting gloves.

including the bag itself, it easily weighs 40 pounds. At least it feels that heavy when I pick it up. That's a lot to carry for a kid who is barely 100 pounds.
        I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I was expecting a lot more gear.

Comment

Originally posted by d-mac View Post
          I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I was expecting a lot more gear.
          LOL. Catchers gear, 4 bats, 4 fielders gloves, batting helmet, cleats, and all the other stuff is not enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda13 View Post
            Our Tannel is 4 years old and not a single zipper has gone out and it has gotten extensive use over the years.
            I am really starting to think it's luck of the draw.

A few years ago, we needed a washer and dryer. We went to 4 different places including two of the big boxes. We researched THEM ALL online. The reviews for EVERYTHING was horrifying. Finally, we were back at Lowes and the guy asked us if we made a decision. I told him, "When you read the reviews online they ALL SUCK." He laughed and said that it's true. His words "Basically, you buy one and hope that it's the exception and not the lemon that everyone else got."

I think that may be the deal with zippers and bags too

Comment

I am really starting to think it's luck of the draw.

A few years ago, we needed a washer and dryer. We went to 4 different places including two of the big boxes. We researched THEM ALL online. The reviews for EVERYTHING was horrifying. Finally, we were back at Lowes and the guy asked us if we made a decision. I told him, "When you read the reviews online they ALL SUCK." He laughed and said that it's true. His words "Basically, you buy one and hope that it's the exception and not the lemon that everyone else got."

I think that may be the deal with zippers and bags too
              Yea, you may be right but I suspect companies can change sources of where goods are made or change specs over time so what you buy one year may be slightly different if you bought it two years later. For what it's worth on another board I had recommended the bag in the past and everyone who bought the Tannel was really pleased. One of my son's travel buddies also bought a Tannel a couple of years ago and the quality of the bag seemed to be the same as my son's which was purchased two years earlier.

As a disclosure, I have no affiliation with the company, just a satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda13 View Post
                My son has 2 travel ball seasons on the Tannel 360 CAGE bag. All zippers and stitching are rock solid. But it did wear though at the lower edge allowing the plastic "floor" of the bag to slide out. Quick fix and it's back in action for season #3.

Comment

Thanks Wilbur.

Anyone have any experience with "All-Star" brand bags? Figured I would ask since the gear and gloves are the best.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with "All-Star" brand bags? Figured I would ask since the gear and gloves are the best.
                    Now I am thinking PASS. This kid seems to have issues opening it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA712n7irZY

Comment

In summary, so far, Tanel 360 RAGE is winning the race in this thread. Of course, it's the most expensive of the group compared to the Cobra XL and the Diamond Gear Box. And, while it's bigger than Diamond, it's not as big as Cobra (when Tanel is not expanded). Thanks to all for your help here. I think I need to look at some of those older threads on Tanel.

Comment

OK, now I need help!

I was all set to pull the trigger on the Tanel. But, I saw comments on amazon and on HS web that said it's a bad bag for catchers because the compartments inside make you jam in your shin guards and roll up for chest protector. For those with it, is this true?

Comment

I am totally riding your coat tails on this on BB. My 11U kid's Mizuno bag will barely survive this season and he has just as many baseball tchotkes like your boy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

OK, now I need help!

I was all set to pull the trigger on the Tanel. But, I saw comments on amazon and on HS web that said it's a bad bag for catchers because the compartments inside make you jam in your shin guards and roll up for chest protector. For those with it, is this true?
                            It's not the type of bag that you just open up and throw stuff in and the zip up. Any of these rolling bags need to packed so they are balanced and won't tip over. I think by the time the kids are 9 or 10 they should have learned to start treating their gear with care and learning to be organized. It's a discipline that will serve them well later. I couldn't find the paper work that came with my son's system 7 gear he got for Christmas but I do remember there being instructions on how to properly pack the shin guards and chest protector because of the form fitting nature of the gear. Based on all of your posts I know your kid is going to get high quality gear so it might be a good thing to start making him get more organized.

Comment

Thanks Cuda

Comment

Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
                                I am totally riding your coat tails on this on BB. My 11U kid's Mizuno bag will barely survive this season and he has just as many baseball tchotkes like your boy.
                                Hang with 'em Spark. I will like I need to do something soon. The zipper on his Easton is rapidly going. But, at the same time, I would like to see what Xan has to say. I know he's working on it.

The hockey bag is still another notion. But, I haven't given it that much thought.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X