No announcement yet.

The Catchers Gear Bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A player on my son's travel team has a No Errors bag. He's had it for a couple of years and it's not given him any problems. My only complaint, and the reason we went with the Gearbox bag, was that the New Era's looks like a pancake when you lay it down. The sides don't have any rigidity and they just flop down and lay flat
    Last edited by 2022dad; 04-16-2016, 08:14 PM.
    Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

From what I can tell from the volumes of reviews that I read on what seemed like hundreds of bags is that the key is timing. Many seem to love whatever bag when they first get it - and, if not, that's a bag to avoid for sure. But, even the bags that many love, it seems like, 6 months or more down the road, the love fades as the bag starts to give way.

Comment

I just went the two bag route. I'll see how it goes, but so far it has been nice. We use a batpack for non-catcher gear which is the regular fielding glove, a 1B Glove, batting helmet, two bats, and J-Band/Batting Gloves. His roller has just the catcher gear in it. He uses Webgems, so that makes the batpack even a somewhat tight fit with the helmet, but overall, it's much simpler. I like the idea that if we're going to practice, and he's not catching, then we only need to bring the one small bag.

I wish teams didn't always feel a need to have to always get team bags. Next year I am going to ask to not get a new bag, just keep what we have and pay less.

Comment

The team bag thing is cute when they are little kids. But, it never works for the kid who is the catcher.

Good luck with the 2 bags Frank. Not an option for me. My kid can barely handle the wheeled bag and his thermos at the same time. So, I would end up carrying the 2nd bag. And, I am not going to do it. Also, for him, 99% of the time, he needs his gear. It's the rare exception where he doesn't...but, I agree, if you are not always catching, it's great to have the 2 bags where you can leave the gear behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
            A player on my son's travel team has a No Errors bag. He's had it for a couple of years and it's not given him any problems. My only complaint, and the reason we went with the Gearbox bag, was that the New Era's looks like a pancake when you lay it down. The sides don't have any rigidity and they just flop down and lay flat
            Did the No Errors bag pancake as well or just the New Era?
            Sent from my mobile device... probably while driving...

Comment

My 2 cents is to not get wheels and make him carry his bag. If and when he plays HS you really do not want to have a wheeled bag. My son never had wheels he always carried so he knew not to over pack it.

Comment

Errr...voice to text!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBSG View Post
                  OK, so, I sort of punted and went off the rails.

Today, I ended up ordering, online, a Louisville Slugger Series 7 Ton Equipment Bag EBS7TN6. Got it for $75 (before S&H).
                  OK. The initial review is positive. Then again, bags always seem good in the beginning. For sure, it's big enough. My kid fit his ton of stuff in there with no problem. The only slight beef now is on the top cleat/spikes compartment. It's a U-shaped zipper with velcro across the top - which I assume makes it removable if you want to have that panel personalized. The zipper itself gets off track at the start and beginning of the zipper run, pretty easily. Basically, you don't want to unzip it all the way. And, it seems like, in time, it's never going to zip ALL THE WAY closed. Bit of a bummer considering how much use that area will get. But, again, on the plus side, the thing fits EVERYTHING - and that's a lot - EASILY. Seems pretty good construction too, otherwise. Ask me again in 6 months.

Comment

My son's Mizuno bag is begging to be deep sixed as the duct tape bandages cannot hold things inside anymore. I saw the no errors e2 bag for a hundred bucks total at one of the baseball internet warehouses, so I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the poor color selection is probably why it is more than half off. Luckily my son is color blind so I should be able to convince him it is red.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost 4 months into the Louisville Slugger Series 7 Ton Equipment Bag EBS7TN6. Holding up well. For sure, worth the $75 that I paid for it.

Comment

I still highly recommend the GearBox.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
                          My son's Mizuno bag is begging to be deep sixed as the duct tape bandages cannot hold things inside anymore. I saw the no errors e2 bag for a hundred bucks total at one of the baseball internet warehouses, so I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the poor color selection is probably why it is more than half off. Luckily my son is color blind so I should be able to convince him it is red.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
                          Any feedback on the quality of the NO Errors bag? My son's All-Star bag has seen better days and I'm on the fence on which bag to go with.
                          Sent from my mobile device... probably while driving...

Comment

Originally posted by tcvander View Post
                            Any feedback on the quality of the NO Errors bag? My son's All-Star bag has seen better days and I'm on the fence on which bag to go with.
                            My son has the no errors bag and through 1 season of use it has held up fine. I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by tcvander View Post
                              The biggest knock I've read is the zippers are weak. It is being delivered at the end of the week so I will definitely send an update

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
                                I still highly recommend the GearBox.
                                I agree. Good bag.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X