No announcement yet.

The Catchers Gear Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used two bags this year, think I posted that earlier in this thread. It worked out well, as he actually caught less and very little as the season went on. He was the teams primary 3B and pitcher so it was hard to work him into the catching slot as we lost a couple kids and the other 3B weren't very reliable. So, as we got to tournaments, coach wanted that spot solid.

That said, he had a team Under Armour bag and it got pretty beat up, the material was thin, and had to put some tape on three rips already.

For next season, we picked up a new kid who looked pretty good at 3B, so should allow my son to play some more catcher. I didn't want to jump into some big bag, so these reviews have been helpful.

Comment

Update on the no errors bag. Everything fits inside nicely. 2 pairs of shoes, catchers gear with knee saves + wrist bands, 3 gloves, batting accesories (gloves, elbow and shin/ankle guards), sunglasses and 4 bats! The bag sorta looks like a bean bag chair with monster truck wheels. The leg guards with knee savers on the side pocket definitely makes the bag look uneven and I can see it being a problem lugging it. We had the first big test on Saturday during a tryout, the weather gods gave the constipated clouds a laxative and it was flash flood rains. We tried to wait it out in the dugout but the dugout was a pool in minutes. Of course the field to the vehicle was uphill about 80 yards. The bag survived a rush pack and the 2 minute trek to the ride. It did very well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the bag drag at all when wheeled?

Comment

Update part deux. The bag ripped in the bat compartment near the zipper after about a week of use. Getting a refund. Now back to the hunt. It was a nice bag and fit all of my kids crap and the wheels seem to work well in high grass and other trudging surfaces

Comment

Originally posted by BBSG View Post
            Does the bag drag at all when wheeled?
            Surprising no. The knobby wheels are great

Comment

Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Gearbox!!!
                Put your junk in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
                  Gearbox!!!
                  They are sending me a replacement....that is next

Comment

Very happy with the Easton E900C Catchers bag. Going into second season now and still holding up really well. Holds all catcher gear plus batting helmet, 2 fielding gloves and all the other crap that is supposedly necessary for a day on the diamond. Sturdy bottom with high rise wheels or handles that you can use to sling it on your back.

Comment

• Follow up on the Maxballbags.... It is starting to fall apart in several places going into season number 2. I wouldn't recommend it.

Originally Posted by BBSG
                      This one looks big
                      40 inch long x 20 inch Wide x 12 inch Tall.
                      But, I have no idea on the brand

http://maxballbags.com/shop/cobra-xl-catchers-roller/

Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
                      My son started using that bag. It is ginormous. Almost too big. It has lots of well placed pockets, and a big gear bin in the middle. The bat storage is in the side pockets, which he prefers. We are about 20 games in so far, and it has minimal wear and tear, no torn stitches or broken zippers. One minor gripe.... unlike his old bag there is no handle near the wheels, and you really need two handles to toss it in the trunk. It is HUGE.

Comment

• Good to know. Thanks Dilbert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jono View Post
                          Very happy with the Easton E900C Catchers bag. Going into second season now and still holding up really well. Holds all catcher gear plus batting helmet, 2 fielding gloves and all the other crap that is supposedly necessary for a day on the diamond. Sturdy bottom with high rise wheels or handles that you can use to sling it on your back.
                          Thanks for the tip. Does his keep his bats in the bat part or in the main body of the bag?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBSG View Post
                            Thanks for the tip. Does his keep his bats in the bat part or in the main body of the bag?
                            He keeps 3 bats (I think you could get 4 in there) in the bat compartment at the bottom of the bag but the bag has bottom rails so it won't collapse if you don't have bats in the bottom. It also has pockets all over it for batting gloves, seeds, gum, sunscreen etc as well as an insulated water bottle holder and mobile phone pocket. Of all the bags we've had this one has the highest quality feel to it and I expect it to last several seasons with a bit of care.
                            Last edited by Jono; 08-29-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• So I order another no errors bag to replace the broken bag. I get an email from the online superstore acknowledging they recieved the broken bag I had to return. Then they told me that bownet the parent company of no errors need to be contacted to process the return. Total BS!. This is my last deal with
                              ba$eballexpre$$.com and I hope this serves as a warning to everyone reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
                                So I order another no errors bag to replace the broken bag. I get an email from the online superstore acknowledging they recieved the broken bag I had to return. Then they told me that bownet the parent company of no errors need to be contacted to process the return. Total BS!. This is my last deal with
                                ba$eballexpre$$.com and I hope this serves as a warning to everyone reading.

That place is very terrible. I had ordered some things that never shipped, a couple of months later I get notification they were discontinued. They then refund my money. The next day they refund it again. I call them and tell them the error, the next day they refunded it 5x. I call them again, then they refunded it like 30x over the next 2 weeks. I have no idea what they were doing. I called them at least 8 times about it and they never took the money back. I'm not complaining it ended up being like $2k by the end, I'm just assuming some day I'm going to wake up to a checking account $2k lighter than I went to bed. It was just so odd

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X