X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBSG
    started a topic The Catchers Gear Bag

The Catchers Gear Bag

Sorry, I know there are a million of these threads. Thought it was better to start a new one rather than revive a dead one.

My son had the Boombah Beast. It lasted most of 10U and into the end of the 11U season. His biggest beef with it was that, while large, he still had to really stuff all his gear in there. (He travels with A LOT of gear.)

Beast dimensions are: 40"L x 14"W x 13"H

Prior to the 11U fall season, I got him the Easton Brigade XL Wheeled Bag. It's an aircraft carrier. Dimensions: 38"L x 19"W x 16"H

As you can see, the Easton gives you 6.7 cubic feet whereas the Boombah gives you 4.2 cubic feet.

However, the Easton is not constructed nearly as tough as the Boombah. We're just knocking on the door of the spring season and I can already tell the Easton will not make it into summer.

Anyone have some good suggestions on a big bag? I know some of recommended hockey bags. But, I have yet to see one that doesn't scream "It's a hockey bag!" (Doesn't matter to me. To a 12-year, that's a different story.)

And, yes, I know, the simple answer is: Carry less gear. But, that's not going to happen.
    Last edited by BBSG; 04-11-2016, 10:37 AM.

• Eric F
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
    So I order another no errors bag to replace the broken bag. I get an email from the online superstore acknowledging they recieved the broken bag I had to return. Then they told me that bownet the parent company of no errors need to be contacted to process the return. Total BS!. This is my last deal with
    ba$eballexpre$$.com and I hope this serves as a warning to everyone reading.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Softball.com is owned by the same Team Express parent company. One of the girls on our team ordered an All-Star catcher's set from them. 3 weeks on "back-order", then they sent her a LS set that was more expensive, but fit poorly. I've heard similar stories MANY times.

I tend to use baseballmonkey, amazon, or justballgloves (depending on what I'm getting) and have had nothing but excellent service.

Leave a comment:

• BBSG
    replied
    I always thought bbexpress was overpriced. Now, baseballsavings...that's one I will never buy from again. Burned too many times. Every time, I had to pay for shipping to return something and lost money on the deal. One time, I ordered a bat from them NEW. The one they sent me was used and had a crack in it. No lie. And, when I returned it, they gave me a hassle.

Leave a comment:

• bryan2137
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
    So I order another no errors bag to replace the broken bag. I get an email from the online superstore acknowledging they recieved the broken bag I had to return. Then they told me that bownet the parent company of no errors need to be contacted to process the return. Total BS!. This is my last deal with

That place is very terrible. I had ordered some things that never shipped, a couple of months later I get notification they were discontinued. They then refund my money. The next day they refund it again. I call them and tell them the error, the next day they refunded it 5x. I call them again, then they refunded it like 30x over the next 2 weeks. I have no idea what they were doing. I called them at least 8 times about it and they never took the money back. I'm not complaining it ended up being like $2k by the end, I'm just assuming some day I'm going to wake up to a checking account $2k lighter than I went to bed. It was just so odd

Leave a comment:

• sparkny2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jono
    replied
    Originally posted by BBSG View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Does his keep his bats in the bat part or in the main body of the bag?
    He keeps 3 bats (I think you could get 4 in there) in the bat compartment at the bottom of the bag but the bag has bottom rails so it won't collapse if you don't have bats in the bottom. It also has pockets all over it for batting gloves, seeds, gum, sunscreen etc as well as an insulated water bottle holder and mobile phone pocket. Of all the bags we've had this one has the highest quality feel to it and I expect it to last several seasons with a bit of care.
    Last edited by Jono; 08-29-2016, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBSG
    replied
    Originally posted by Jono View Post
    Very happy with the Easton E900C Catchers bag. Going into second season now and still holding up really well. Holds all catcher gear plus batting helmet, 2 fielding gloves and all the other crap that is supposedly necessary for a day on the diamond. Sturdy bottom with high rise wheels or handles that you can use to sling it on your back.
    Thanks for the tip. Does his keep his bats in the bat part or in the main body of the bag?

Leave a comment:

• BBSG
    replied
    Good to know. Thanks Dilbert.

Leave a comment:

• Dilbert
    replied
    Follow up on the Maxballbags.... It is starting to fall apart in several places going into season number 2. I wouldn't recommend it.

Originally Posted by BBSG
    This one looks big
    40 inch long x 20 inch Wide x 12 inch Tall.
    But, I have no idea on the brand

http://maxballbags.com/shop/cobra-xl-catchers-roller/

Originally posted by Dilbert View Post
    My son started using that bag. It is ginormous. Almost too big. It has lots of well placed pockets, and a big gear bin in the middle. The bat storage is in the side pockets, which he prefers. We are about 20 games in so far, and it has minimal wear and tear, no torn stitches or broken zippers. One minor gripe.... unlike his old bag there is no handle near the wheels, and you really need two handles to toss it in the trunk. It is HUGE.

Leave a comment:

• Jono
    replied
    Very happy with the Easton E900C Catchers bag. Going into second season now and still holding up really well. Holds all catcher gear plus batting helmet, 2 fielding gloves and all the other crap that is supposedly necessary for a day on the diamond. Sturdy bottom with high rise wheels or handles that you can use to sling it on your back.

Leave a comment:

• sparkny2
    replied
    Originally posted by 2022dad View Post
    Gearbox!!!
    They are sending me a replacement....that is next

Leave a comment:

• 2022dad
    replied
    Gearbox!!!

Leave a comment:

• BBSG
    replied
    Good to know. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sparkny2
    replied
    Originally posted by BBSG View Post
    Does the bag drag at all when wheeled?
    Surprising no. The knobby wheels are great

Leave a comment:

• sparkny2
    replied
    Update part deux. The bag ripped in the bat compartment near the zipper after about a week of use. Getting a refund. Now back to the hunt. It was a nice bag and fit all of my kids crap and the wheels seem to work well in high grass and other trudging surfaces

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X