Driveline Program Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kylebee View Post
    Correct. We upgraded everyone for free and now we have deprecated The Dynamic Pitcher. I understand. Honestly in your shoes I would just use the free eBook and read the blog.

I won't comment on the Passan note (we're all entitled to our disagreements of course) but I do appreciate the note in general.

Much of the value in what Randy teaches (or anyone really) being "free elsewhere" is in the aggregation and implementation, as you undoubtedly know.

As far as feeling guilty about not spending money, I wouldn't. At the end of the day if the message is being spread and new things are being tried by more and more people, that's enough for me - and should be enough for anyone. Sales comes from widespread adoption of something; it should never be the main focus. I've always believed that. Mindshare is worth many, many times more than dollars in my present pocket. That's just good business!
    Yeah I'm using the ebook currently. Was just doing plyo and the long toss part because I did not have weighted balls but they arrived a couple days before. I think at my low level I can gain enough with that program. I would be glad already if I hit mid 70s
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebee View Post
      As far as feeling guilty about not spending money, I wouldn't. At the end of the day if the message is being spread and new things are being tried by more and more people, that's enough for me - and should be enough for anyone. Sales comes from widespread adoption of something; it should never be the main focus. I've always believed that. Mindshare is worth many, many times more than dollars in my present pocket. That's just good business!
      That's a great attitude Kyle, you'll continue to grow, and do great because of it in the future. Wish more in the baseball world would follow your lead wrt that.

Originally posted by Yvon Chouinard
      ...it's the same with business. If you focus on the goal, and not the process, you inevitably compromise. Businessmen who focus on profits wind up on the whole. For me, profit is what happens when you do everything right.
      Last edited by mudvnine; 12-12-2016, 07:15 PM. Reason: Got rid of large obtrusive quote box...
      In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

I sent this question to Driveline support and I am sure they will respond quickly. But maybe some others doing HTKC Youth have better reading comprehension that I do and have already figured this out.

The High Output Throwing for velocity days says to do 4 throws with "each baseball". What is meant by "each baseball"? Does this refer to regulation baseballs, weighted baseballs or plyocare balls? Weighted baseballs are not listed on the equipment section of the online access to the book and I thought weighted balls were not recommended for youth players. The drill itself seems to be explained well, but there is confusion about what balls are to be thrown in the drill by saying "each baseball" since it leads me to believe there are more than one type or weight of baseball.
        Am I the only one confused by this part of the program?
        WAR EAGLE!

Comment

I think the comma is misplaced. I believe it is 4 throws with a baseball with the first throw at 80% effort then the next 3 at maximal effort.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see a comma making that much difference. It reads:

4 throws each baseball; first throw at 80%
            Why use the phrase "4 throws each baseball" instead of " 4 throws with a baseball" or "4 baseball throws" if there is no difference between the baseballs?
            WAR EAGLE!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkny2 View Post
              I think the comma is misplaced. I believe it is 4 throws with a baseball with the first throw at 80% effort then the next 3 at maximal effort.

Driveline has confirmed that this is the case. 4 sets of 1 throw with a regulation baseball.

The "each baseball" must refer to each set of 1 throw.
              WAR EAGLE!

Comment

They also will provide video links for the strength & agility training.

Comment

I like the updated videos, and better explanations of the drills.

My boys and I are starting Wednesday. Seeing if a 50-something dude can learn how to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Nib View Post

My boys and I are starting Wednesday. Seeing if a 50-something dude can learn how to throw.
                    Hide your aches and pain from them [emoji12] unless you have abnormal kids that do not believe in ridicule.

Comment

Bitter sarcasm and ridicule are life skills learned early in our family.

Older boy generally advises me to stop thinking and just throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Nib View Post

Note from experience: don't expect too much. Except ridicule from your kids.

Comment

I have another Driveline question. Hopefully it's ok to add it to this thread. My 13 year old does not really pitch but has had two rounds of rehab from elbow pain with physical therapy and mechanical evaluations that found no real problem with his mechanics. I've wondered if a program like this would possibly help as I'm starting to think he's just not built very durably. Any thoughts? He's healthy right now

Comment

I would say it is perfect for him. The program helps strengthen the muscles that help protect your arm and shoulder while simultaneously developing mechanics that are safer for the arm. Most of the program is about throwing, not pitching. There is even a maintenance program for position players included in the new program.
                            WAR EAGLE!

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X