Metal vs. Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal vs. Wood

In order to keep from further hijacking a certain thread in this forum, I am starting this one.

I am against metal bats. If you are growing up and intend to use the "tool of the trade," why not start early? WOOD is the way to go.

My only exception would be to buy a metal bat for the cages. Those hard rubber balls murder wood bats faster than you can get a paycheck to replace them.

Thoughts?
    -David
    Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and FAQ Section before posting.
    "Some mistakes I guess we never stop paying for." -Roy Hobbs, The Natural

Ever wonder about the fastest pitch ever thrown? Click this link.

funny we work the other way around ..practice with wood ,,and when gametime comes we use the BEST weapon we can...metal..

your theory is BUNK because only a fraction of people make it to college ball.
    as in the previous thread compete on level playing fields and you'll be able to compete...
    grooming yourself for beyond college ball seems just a TAD bit stupid.Especially when your chance of high school ball are so slim

Comment

My theory is not bunk, as you say, because ballplayers need to use the right tool - regardless of how many make it to the college level or above.
      I never did.

You shouldn't use a Crescent wrench for something that regular pliers can handle.

Don't use a mallet when only a claw hammer is necessary.

Kids should use wooden bats today as much as ever. I grew up using both, but my first was made of wood.
      -David

Comment

no,,use the tool that performs the best...and that my friend is METAL.

Comment

now if we were in a wood bat league i'd use wood.you are not helping anybody by not leveling the playing field..you are preparing for a future that 99.9999 percent will never happen.they still use metal in college so you are PREPARING for your pro career?,train with the WOOD it forces you to hit sweet and tells you when you don't..but when game time comes take use of every advantage you have.

Comment

MLB authorities would disagree with you on that one, man.
            -David

Comment

disagree on what? I watched frank thomas take BP with a metal bat..IT WAS UNBELEVABLE.

Comment

Wood all the way baby.....we don't need no stinkin aluminum...... :grouchy
                GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
                Strike 3 Forums/NFL Forums

Comment

An alluminum bat can hit the ball harder, faster, and further to increase your game but that is sort of like steriods so its like cheating in a way that is not illegal. :noidea

There was a story on ESPN that a pitcher was killed by a ball hit back at him and now the kid's team refuse to use alluminum or metal bats.

Personally i like wood bats better but i dont like the fact that you lose power.
                  Lets relive the 2001 World Series. Except NO Yankees.
                  GO DBACKS, GO DBACKS :gt

Comment

An alluminum bat can hit the ball harder, faster, and further to increase your game but that is sort of like steriods so its like cheating in a way that is not illegal.

what does this statement mean? cheating? how?

Comment

how can it be classified as cheating if everyone in that particular league uses it? theres no one-up because everyone is using the metal bat, how can it be cheating? if youre in a league where they dont care either way, i suppose it could be cheating, but yes, its not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by wogdoggy
                        funny we work the other way around ..practice with wood ,,and when gametime comes we use the BEST weapon we can...metal..

your theory is BUNK because only a fraction of people make it to college ball.
                        as in the previous thread compete on level playing fields and you'll be able to compete...
                        grooming yourself for beyond college ball seems just a TAD bit stupid.Especially when your chance of high school ball are so slim
                        About the college part....

Doesn't college and university baseball use aluminum/metal bats??? I know that the UBC Thunderbirds use aluminum, and they play against all the top teams in the USA!!

~~Tyler~~
                        ~~Peace~~
                        Minor League Teams fan!
                        Favourite baseball teams....

Oakland Athletics - MLB
                        Vancouver Canadians - Northwest League
                        Venados de Mazatlan - Mexican Pacific League
                        Winnipeg Goldeyes - Northern League (independent)
                        University of British Columbia Thunderbirds- NAIA
                        ~~Tyler~~

Comment

I would use wood with no problem if my league banned metal. If they didn't, I would stick to metal. There would be no reason to use wood while everyone in your league is using metal, because it basically would be like giving them the unfair advantage. Like giving them steroids. I would love to see my league change over to wood only though, and hopefully it happens soon.
                          Lets Go Yankees

Comment

Originally posted by wogdoggy
                            This is exactly what we do. I feel it prepares you for college, if you are fortunate enough to go, because the number of swings you are taking with metal are minimal -vs- the number of swings you take with wood. Sure, not in a game, but it's still a comfortable bat to you.

We use the MetalWood bats.

Comment

Need help

does any body know how to throw a screwball????

Lets go blue jays:gt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X