Baseball on film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spark240 View Post
    I think there was a misunderstanding... what I was asking Redondos (or anyone who knew) was where--not from Rare Sports Films--the complete films of pre-1969 World Series games were available, since he had said,
    Looking for anything in particular?
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond View Post
      Looking for anything in particular?
      Okay, how about games with the '50s Milwaukee Braves or '60s Cardinals, other than 1968 WS Game 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian McKenna View Post
        thomas edison erected america's first film studio in 1892 - they started with vaudeville acts then moved to sports

the first live sporting event ever filmed was a lightwieght match between michael leonard and jack cushing in july 1894

in 1898 edison released the first baseball movie titled The Ball Game (at times referenced as The Ballplayer), a series of disoriented shots of baseball

Casey was released in 1899 - a short film without a plot - also had nothing to do with Casey at the Bat

earliest known baseball movies with a plot was How the Office Boy Saw the Ball Game in 1906 and also in 1906 Baseball on the Bench

nickelodeons featured baseball highlights during the 1900s - the first world series filmed in part was 1908 but baseball was difficult/impossible to film under the technology and in fact serious efforts wouldn't take place until the 1940s

first instructional film was 1914

first color video of major leaguers - 1938

tris speaker and marty mchale produced movies of individual major league stars in 1917
        I just came across this thread today and after reading your post, its exciting to read "the first world series filmed in part was 1908..."

Do you know if there is a link to any website where we all can view this footage and do you know much of it was filmed ? If you go to youtube and type in "deadball era baseball" you will see clips from the 1909, 1910 and 1919 World Series and footage of the 1904 and 1905 New York Giants. I thought I read somewhere that the 1905 World Series was filmed, but I'm assuming it is lost if it was filmed. I really hope that the 1903-1908 World Series were filmed, even if there is no game footage. Even if its just the players walking around the field before the game, that would still be neat to watch ! Would you happen to know of any other baseball footage that survives from that era or any that was taken and is considered lost ?
        http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

Originally posted by History Of Baseball Fan View Post
          I just came across this thread today and after reading your post, its exciting to read "the first world series filmed in part was 1908..."

Do you know if there is a link to any website where we all can view this footage and do you know much of it was filmed ? If you go to youtube and type in "deadball era baseball" you will see clips from the 1909, 1910 and 1919 World Series and footage of the 1904 and 1905 New York Giants. I thought I read somewhere that the 1905 World Series was filmed, but I'm assuming it is lost if it was filmed. I really hope that the 1903-1908 World Series were filmed, even if there is no game footage. Even if its just the players walking around the field before the game, that would still be neat to watch ! Would you happen to know of any other baseball footage that survives from that era or any that was taken and is considered lost ?
          http://www.raresportsfilms.com/otherbball.html
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X