Good baseball books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good baseball books

My dad and I are going to borders to get a book for me to read on a trip we are about to take tomorrow. Does anyone have any good suggestions on books. I'm in to the biographies and statistacial books. I'm thinking of getting Baseball By the Numbers: How players got their uniform numbers(not sure if thats the title). Does anyone have that book and is it any good?

Right now i am reading "The Grand Old Game" by Frank Deford - its a twin biography of John J McGraw and Christy Mathewson - if you like the early history of baseball its an excellent book written in a straight forward style that makes for great reading.

There are a couple of threads about posters different books that they have read - check those out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fry
      My dad and I are going to borders to get a book for me to read on a trip we are about to take tomorrow. Does anyone have any good suggestions on books. I'm in to the biographies and statistacial books. I'm thinking of getting Baseball By the Numbers: How players got their uniform numbers(not sure if thats the title). Does anyone have that book and is it any good?
      How old are you?

Comment

Scouts Honor. It's about how the Braves built the organization into a dynasty.

Comment

Hitting in the Clutch

You have to read this book! You will laugh the entire trip.

Comment

i'm enjoying reading moneyball at the moment
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Red Sox, you are the only only only!
            [/SIZE]

Comment

Right now, I'm re-reading 'Dynasty" by Peter Golenbock, one of the best baseball books I've ever read. A truly amazing book.

I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the game.
              "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

The baseball book that TOPS all others

Originally posted by Red Sox Rule
                i'm enjoying reading moneyball at the moment
                BANNED in the BRONX The Yankee Hater Memoirs 1953-2005 details the history of our National Pastime through the eyes of the Yankee Hater. The book is a laugh a page as it is written in a Dave Barry/ Art Buchwald satirical style. The book actually DEBUNKS that GREAT?? Yankee Myth. Those that read it gave it a 5 Star rating.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X