Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you made a baseball movie, what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theAmazingMet
    replied
    I'm waiting for Hollywood to put out any real baseball movie. It seems like half of them are gimicky, with dogs, and ghosts, and monkeys playing baseball. We need good old-fashioned baseball movies. About real players, and real games. Off the top of my head in the last 25 or so years there are only a small handful that accomplish this.
    The Natural (yes it is a made up team and filled with alot of hollywood type moments, but the movie faithfully recreates the way we want to remember, or think the game was like in the good old days)
    Eight Men Out (probably one of the most faithful recreations of the deadball era, and baseball in general ever made)
    Bull Durham (romance wrapped around players in the minors, again a good recreation of life in the bush leagues)
    For love of the game (yeah laugh if you want I like this movie, it is pure hollywood but it is inspiring. Don't know why just like this film)
    Like I said their aren't many true "baseball" films being made anymore. Seems like most people would rather watch football movies, which seem to come out every week, than a good baseball movie.

Leave a comment:

• steveox
    replied
    Originally posted by The Commissioner
    While Liotta is probably highly capable of playing Hodges, I just can't get the image of him in Goodfellas out of my head and reconcile that with Gil Hodges.
    Well gil hodges was very friendly around the fans hes a very polite gentleman and Ray Liotta can play that type of personaly.

Leave a comment:

• Knick9
    replied
    I'd make a movie about the relocation fo the Montreal Expos, the whole thing that lead to it, from beginning to end:

BON VOYAGE?

-Rick Monday's homerun shot to win the NLCS for the Dodgers over Les Expos.
    -collapse of the 1994 season in which the Expos were the best team in MLB
    -highlights of what happened since 1994
    -resume in 1998, when the Expos were getting horrible.
    -2001 announcement made by Bug Selig, threatening to contract both the Expos and Twins.
    -How the Twins avoided contraction to form an AL Central dynasty of championships, while the Expos were made desolate and their stadium cave-like.
    -Jeffrey Loria sticking his nose into the situation, in which he would help worsen it.
    -The finale, the final season in 2004 in which the Expos would say goodbye.

--Then the update, what's been going on since then, which leads to a sequel!:
    -The Minnesota Twins (A Melee with the County!)
    -The Florida Marlins (Jeffrey Loria's second strike!)
    -The Washington Nationals [formerly the Montreal Expos] (How the careers of the former Expos went on, along with what Bug Selig ended up doing!)

As for the actors? Well, I only know one space has been filled:

-4 randomly chosen Expos fans (via BBF )

It has Oscar written all over it.
    -------------------------------------------
    Coming soon to a theater near you!:

BON VOYAGE? II: GUTTED LIKE A FISH!
    Last edited by Knick9; 12-20-2005, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    I would do something of how the MLB first originated form the American Association and how SPalding snagged all the best players. That would be interesting. BTW, has anyone made a book or movie on the 2004 Red Sox? lol.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    I would do something of how the MLB first originated form the American Association and how SPalding snagged all the best players. That would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by steveox
    Mine would be about the 1957 brooklyn dodgers and how the move affects players. Heres my Cast.

Duke Snider=Kurt Russell
    Roy Campanella=Omar Gooding
    Walter Alston= Ed Harris
    Gil Hodges=Ray Liotta
    Walter O`Malley=John Mahoney
    L.A Businessman =Dean Stockwell
    Mayor Of New York= Fred Thompson
    Mayor Of L.A= Ned Beatty
    NL Umpire =Tom Berenger
    New York Giants Pitcher =Roger Clemons
    New York Giants Catcher= Mell Ott
    St Louis Cards Pitcher= Nolan Ryan
    St Louis Cards Catcher= Rick Dempsey

Pretty good Cast huh?

MODs I forgot my Title "If you made as baseball move what would it be?" Could you add this please?
    While Liotta is probably highly capable of playing Hodges, I just can't get the image of him in Goodfellas out of my head and reconcile that with Gil Hodges.

Leave a comment:

• plask_stirlac
    replied
    Mine wouldn't be rocket science, but it could be entertaining. Maybe it could make up a bit for some other not-do-good movies.

Stuff
    The story of three pitchers coming up, two in the US and one in a Hispanic country. The US players play Little-League through HS, Legion maybe, etc., and the, let's say Dominican, gets signed young, plays in the inter, all that.

So one American is drafted out of HS, the other goes to college, and the Hispanic enters as a FA. And so on, all the development of pitchers...

Then they don't have to follow any formula, except maybe they end up on the same team. One could tear up his arm, another could become a closer, etc.

Leave a comment:

• RottenGazebo
    replied
    Originally posted by E.Banks#14
    Why not use Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a. The Rock) He's got acting experience and he looks exactly like him.
    If ya smell-ah! What the Rock is cooking......

Leave a comment:

• E.Banks#14
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Legend
    I would make one about the 2001 Mariners.

Heres the cast

Antonio Banderas as Freddy Garcia
    Why not use Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a. The Rock) He's got acting experience and he looks exactly like him.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Legend
    replied
    I would make one about the 2001 Mariners.

Heres the cast

Jet Li as Ichiro
    Lou Pinella as himself
    The guy from last samuri as Kaz Sasaki
    Alex Rodriguez as himself
    Wesley Snipes as Ken Griffey Jr.
    the 2001 Yankees as themselves
    Antonio Banderas as Freddy Garcia
    the guy from the rookie as Jamie Moyer

oh and i forgot...My friend Mike as John Olerud(Seriously, he looks exactly like him)
    Last edited by Yankee Legend; 11-26-2005, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brewcrew82
    replied
    I take it I am the only one who would make a fictional movie? I'd sooner read about all the proposed stories (a biography of Williams, Ruth or Robinson) given thus far and have them play in my head rather than on the screen in front of me.

Leave a comment:

• Markakisfan
    replied
    The Life and Times of Ted Williams
    The man is one of the greatest players of all time not to mention he served in two wars.

Leave a comment:

• tommybaseball
    replied
    If you made a baseball movie, what would it be?

I would do a movie about Honus Wagner or Ed Delahanty. They were two of the early greats of the game. If I could remake a movie, I would do one about Babe Ruth and try to cast it better. John Goodman was really good as far as personality but Babe Ruth didn't always weigh 280 pounds. It bothered me that the producers conceded to allow Goodman to portray the young Ruth as a behemoth. Maybe the most compelling movie would be about Jackie Robinson. I would love to see Spike Lee take this up someday.

Leave a comment:

• Brian McKenna
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes53
    I'd make a movie about a bunch of guys getting together for a baseball forum convention and eventually killing each other by the end of it.
    were they arguing about whether joe jackson was guilty or not or were they arguing about their top-10 lists?

Leave a comment:

• ElCaminoSS
    replied
    If we all keep arguing its gonna be a Documentry

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X