My baseball history book to be published by the History Press in March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baseball history book to be published by the History Press in March

I'm so excited! I've written two true crime books about cases I covered as the crime reporter for The Detroit News, and now comes my third book, about crime and mayhem in Detroit Tiger history. The publisher says if this one does well, they'll do more books about other teams. I can't wait for this to be published, so I can have a baseball book in bookstores across the country!

https://www.amazon.com/Detroit-Tiger.../dp/1467143294
    "Hey Mr. McGraw! Can I pitch to-day?"

Congratulations!

I can only assume Denny McLain is one of the featured players?
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Congratulations!

TonyK, author of https://www.amazon.com/Young-John-Mc...ef=sr_1_1?crid
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Congrats Victory Faust! I'll have to check out your book.
        Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

That's awesome man. Happy for you.
          "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

This is excellent, congrats!

Would you prefer us to buy from Amazon, or some other site? I know different authors have different perspectives of profit margin vs. visibility/rankings.
            Man will land on the moon before the Mets win the World Series.-Ed Kranepool, Spring Training, 1969

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Congratulations, I look forward to reading it!
              MySpace Codes

Comment

Congratulations, and I highly admire you for doing this. Any journalist that writes a book on baseball history will always have a place in my heart. Did you do a chapter on Mickey Lolich committing the crime of abuse? How many tummies did he abuse through the years with his donuts.

I hope being robbed of the 1967 pennant is also discussed as a crime. That other stuff that happened in 67 and 68 were just remodeling projects.

The biggest crime of all was demolishing Tiger Stadium. That ripped the heart out of the area. Comerica is super dull.

Comment

I assume Ron Leflore will have a chapter. Can't wait to read this.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I'm in. Congrats.
                    “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Congratulations sir and I will be purchasing this!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X