Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Broadcast History Game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TV Broadcast History Game

    a few years ago there was a game in which the broadcast was shown as a history of baseball on tv

    as the innings progressed:
    the graphics changed
    the camera angles changed
    broadcasting style changed
    color developed

    numerous changes that mimiced the evolution of baseball broadcasting - so that by the ninth inning we were watching the modern version

    anyone have a copy of this or know where i could get one?

  • #2
    wow... i would really like to see that too

    Comment


    • #3
      I believe Fox was the network that broadcast that game a few years ago, supposed to be the 50th Anniversary of the first network TV broadcast.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by efin98
        I believe Fox was the network that broadcast that game a few years ago, supposed to be the 50th Anniversary of the first network TV broadcast.
        Was it Fox? I thought it was ESPN. I remember watching it but don't remember any of the deals. Maybe it was 60th anniversary of a baseball TV broadcast. The first was in 1939.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wamby
          Was it Fox? I thought it was ESPN. I remember watching it but don't remember any of the deals. Maybe it was 60th anniversary of a baseball TV broadcast. The first was in 1939.
          I tried to watch but I was fed a different game so had to have been Fox. ESPN didn't do regional coverage outside of their Wednesday game then.

          I could have sworn it was the 50th anniversary, putting it around 1949-1951 range(1999-2001 broadcast year)...
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

          Comment


          • #6
            I remember that game.

            It was a Cubs-Cardinals game at Wrigley Field a couple of years ago.It was one of the rare very cool things that FOX did.I really enjoyed the broadcast.It was a nod to how NBC did their games

            They started the game with just 1 camera,the home plate camera from the press box level,then after every other inning,they would progress just like bkmckenna described until we got today's telecast.:radio

            As much as we malign FOX for it's coverage,and in most cases rightfully so,FOX hit one out of the park that afternoon.:gt

            Comment


            • #7
              A little off topic

              but I would really like to see a network just have a one guy say a bit about a player but keep quiet most of the game

              Most info can be flashed on the screen and what a great game it would be just to hear the sounds of the game instead of two dolts carry on

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Imapotato
                A little off topic

                but I would really like to see a network just have a one guy say a bit about a player but keep quiet most of the game

                Most info can be flashed on the screen and what a great game it would be just to hear the sounds of the game instead of two dolts carry on
                You and me both, brother. Sometimes I watch partial game broadcasts from the 50's and the only thing I really miss is instant replay.
                Last edited by zman; 03-24-2006, 06:38 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Last year during the 50th anniversary tribute to the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, they did the same thing during the game. They showed the changes that have occured in Tv broadcasting. Vin Scully the longtime voice of the Dodgers is allowed to broadcast by himself, when he is on the Dodgers network. Scully does mostly home games now, so if you have the MLB package, watch a Dodgers home game and you will get a real treat.
                  Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                  www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tonypug
                    Last year during the 50th anniversary tribute to the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers, they did the same thing during the game. They showed the changes that have occured in Tv broadcasting. Vin Scully the longtime voice of the Dodgers is allowed to broadcast by himself, when he is on the Dodgers network. Scully does mostly home games now, so if you have the MLB package, watch a Dodgers home game and you will get a real treat.
                    I wish I'd seen it. Most broadcasts seem like they're aimed at people who suffer from ADD. It's as if no silence goes unfilled and way too many glitzy graphics and sound effects for my tastes. Maybe they're trying to create a sense of excitement but to me it's an interruption to the natural languid pace of the game and the momentum that slowly builds towards genuine moments of drama.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A couple times, my TV messed up and did some weird SAP thing so that I could here the sounds of the game, but no people talking. That was great. I highly recommend it to anyone who hates the broadcasting, especially that of FOX.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
                        A couple times, my TV messed up and did some weird SAP thing so that I could here the sounds of the game, but no people talking. That was great. I highly recommend it to anyone who hates the broadcasting, especially that of FOX.
                        That's what the SAP button on my remote is for? Now you tell me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zman
                          That's what the SAP button on my remote is for? Now you tell me.
                          Actually, I'm not sure how I did it. All I know is that I went into the SAP menu to fix it, because watching CSI with no talk can get kind of dull.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X