Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    One that always makes me laugh: from Homicide, Life on the Street:

After the squad gets a call that a fan has been murdered during a game at Camden Yards:

John Munch: Baseball? Tell me something that's more boring than baseball. Yeah, a documetary about baseball.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    From the Great Gastby

Originally posted by ACrank
    Hyman Roth: I loved baseball ever since Arnold Rothstien fixed the World Series in 1919.
    Jay Gatsby (on Meyer Wolfshiem): He's the fellow who fixed the 1919 World Series.

Leave a comment:

• lamearm
    replied
    Would it be considered a streach to mention "Where have you gone, Joe Dimaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you"....? After all it was in The Graduate....

Leave a comment:

• redbuck
    replied
    How about that speech by that fabricated hippie freak writer from "Field of Dreams" based on JD Salinger?

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.

It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again, but baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game, its a part of our past, Ray, and reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again."

Leave a comment:

• ACrank
    replied
    from Godfather Part II

Hyman Roth: I loved baseball ever since Arnold Rothstien fixed the World Series in 1919.

Leave a comment:

• The Real McCoy
    replied
    "Nah, that's not him. Those guys are all gone now." Signature line of what could be the best baseball movie scene ever filmed.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewJ
    replied
    It's fun, that's what it is, it's fun. Baseball is more fun than anything else. You can watch it and just love it and enjoy it. I don't think that there's anything tremendously philosophical about it. I don't think there's anything metaphysical I just think its so much fun to watch." - Robert Creamer in Ken Burns "Baseball" Inning One.
    Creamer's quote echoes Woody Allen's line from Zelig: "I love baseball. You know, it doesn't have to mean anything. It's just very beautiful to watch."

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Boh
    replied
    This quote wasn't in a baseball movie but the scene in Good Morning, Vietnam when Master Sgt Dickerson is chewing out Cronauer...

Dickerson.."What does three up and three down mean to you Airman?"

Cronauer.."End of an inning."

Being in the military..got a chuckle outta that one.

Leave a comment:

• MY.RANGERS
    replied
    The one that made me laugh the most was Bob Eukar
    he's gonna haft to have a rocket up his a## to catch that one.

Leave a comment:

• bosoxfan33
    replied
    There are so many great quotes, most of which have been mentioned here already, but I'll list the ones I like.....................

(to enhance the sappy reputation of FOD)
    "Hey dad, you wanna have a catch?" "I'd like that."
    In short, for many years my father and I did not click on too many levels, but we could always play catch. That line is my favorite for that reason.

"Yo Bartender, Jobu needs a refill."

"I held it like an egg..." "Yeah, and he scrambled the SOB. Look at that, the guy hit the %&@#ing bull, he gets a free steak."

"Let's see.... Nuke's upset because his shockers are jammed and his old man's here; we need a live roo... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to get the curse off of Jose's glove and NOBODY seems to know what to get Millie and Jimmy for a wedding gift. Is that about it? We're dealing with a lot of #[email protected]$."

"Oh Rexman, I don't think this one's got the distance."

"Hey batter batter batter batter batter batter swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing batter........... he can't hit he can't hit he can't hit he can't hit he can't hit swing batter."
    (I actually yelled that at Wrigley in 1992)

"Haywood leads the league in every offensive category including nose hair."

"We don't know where Hayes played last year but I'm sure he did a helluva job."

"'46? That was our year; '67? THAT was our year; '75? that was definitely our year; '86? Pfffft" -Denis Leary, at the beginning of the '04 WS highlight film

"So, the Indians, suffering from propeller lag, drop a heartbreaker 2-1. Postgame show is brought to you by (paper shuffle) crap, I can't find it, to hall with it."

Ray-"You lied to me." Terrance-"Well, you were kidnapping me at the time you big jerk!" R-"You lied to me!" T-"You said your finger was a gun!" R-"Good point"

"You wouldn't believe how many guys wanted to come over; we had to beat them off with a stick. Ty Cobb wanted to play but none of us could stand the SOB when we were alive so we told him to stick it."

I'm sure I could come up with 100 more, but I'll stop now and give someone else a chance.

Leave a comment:

• W_Marone
    replied
    Im gonna have to go with

"There's no crying in baseball!"

or

"Give him the heater"

or

"You run like Mays but you hit like s*%#"
    Last edited by W_Marone; 12-21-2006, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZR56664
    replied
    From Field of Dreams

"Is this heaven?"

"No, it's Iowa."

Leave a comment:

• Tango Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    This was mine as well.

Leave a comment:

• Go Bravos!!!#1
    replied

After Crash Davis tells Nuke LaLoosh to hit him with a baseball.

Nuke: Man, I'd kill you...

Crash: Yeah, From what I hear you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a
    [email protected]#$%^ Boat!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by PopTop
    Strange, I've never known that latitude could have such an impact on one's outlook in life.

Haven't seen a lot of lines from Major League on here.

Uecker's,"Juuuuust a bit outside" is a classic. Also like Cerrano's, "It's very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Very bad."
    I've just returned to Alabama from Ohio and I can definetly say the latitude has a definite impact on my outlook on life.

Uecker's line got really tiresome really quickly in the 1995 post-season.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X