Yogi Berra bad ball homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yogi Berra bad ball homer

Where can I see Yogi Berra's swing on a "bad ball homer"?

Originally posted by virg View Post
    Where can I see Yogi Berra's swing on a "bad ball homer"?
    Take your choice of games. He was, along with Ducky Medwick, the best "bad ball" hitter I ever saw. And also one of the most dangerous from the seventh inning on.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bluezebra View Post
      Take your choice of games. He was, along with Ducky Medwick, the best "bad ball" hitter I ever saw. And also one of the most dangerous from the seventh inning on.

Bob
      Would you put Vladimir Guerrero in their class? I've heard other long time fans say that Vlad is as bad as Yogi for hitting bad balls.

Scott
      I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Comment

I would love to see someone jump on a ball from the intensional walk. Do you think Yogi would've done it?

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
          I would love to see someone jump on a ball from the intensional walk. Do you think Yogi would've done it?
          Got to stay in your own batter's box or you're Out. What I'm after is a clip of him tomahawking one a foot over head-high. I have seen film of him doing it. (no form, no batspeed, no violence, just an upward slap)

Comment

Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
            Miguel Cabrera did that, he hit a RBI single scored.
            Too bad the MLB Top Plays archive is gone for players.

Comment

Originally posted by virg View Post
              Got to stay in your own batter's box or you're Out. What I'm after is a clip of him tomahawking one a foot over head-high. I have seen film of him doing it. (no form, no batspeed, no violence, just an upward slap)
              I recall Yogi getting a big extra base hit off the Red Sox by hitting a ball either at eye level or even higher one time. That film should be available somewhere and it's at the end of his career if that helps.

His arms were up by his head when he swung. Because he swung at anything that didn't bounce first, his hits could go down the LF line or the RF line.
              "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
              "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

The last one I saw of him, it was just low enough to reach with a bat. He hit it with something like an overhead ax stroke; upward slap and trajectory, A homer. Makes me wonder about batspeed and form propaganda on the hitting site. Looks to me like proof of something quite contrary.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X