Sports Encyclopedia: Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Encyclopedia: Baseball

Does anyone knew what happened to this annual publication, edited by David Neft and others? It was published through 2007 but there is no trace of it this year.

Keith Allen

Probably the same thing that happened to Total Baseball. The online stats sites made them obsolete.

Scott
    I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by keacla1 View Post
      Does anyone knew what happened to this annual publication, edited by David Neft and others? It was published through 2007 but there is no trace of it this year.

Keith Allen
      Maybe it was a bit much to do them every year. Total Baseball is essentially published by ESPN (for now)
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

I always liked the Sports Encyclopedia: Baseball. I lked the way the stats were layed out year-by-year. Players were listed with first and last name.And it didn't give you a hernia when you picked it up.
        I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X