Shoeless Joe by W.P.Kinsella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoeless Joe by W.P.Kinsella

Field of Dreams is my favorite movie. So I decided to go buy the book Shoeless Joe my W.P. Kinsella since that is what the movie is based off of. I have to say that I am very disappointed. Well, I havent been able to get through the first chapter. It just seems to be poorly written. And doesnt grab my attention at all.

Has anyone else read this book and should I stick with it, or return it to the store?
    "Original sin wasn't when Eve ate the apple, but when those damn unicorns didn't get on the ark"- Haley Murphy Morrill (2/14/92 - 9/26/07)

^^this was the last status update that Haley had on her facebook page^^

Haley you will always be in my heart <

Originally posted by redsoxocd View Post
    Field of Dreams is my favorite movie. So I decided to go buy the book Shoeless Joe my W.P. Kinsella since that is what the movie is based off of. I have to say that I am very disappointed. Well, I havent been able to get through the first chapter. It just seems to be poorly written. And doesnt grab my attention at all.

Has anyone else read this book and should I stick with it, or return it to the store?
    In a very recent thread no less than two Fever members, Red Sox co-mod VTSoxFan and yours truly, have written similar sentiment.

There are some plot features further in the book you may or may not find amusing. The features themselves, not the actual plot, mind you. Kinsella has his fans, but if you're finding it hard to sit through the first chapter I'll tell you the writing gets flowerier further on. You gave it a try, there are other books out there to discover.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X