No announcement yet.

Game of Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nomtoc: F Babo [sic], McQuire [sic], the Giambi's [sic] and anyone else who cheats!

i take it that the cheating that you have in mind is of the substance kind.
    one question, nomtoc: if proof surfaces that some hall of fame members used illegal drugs, what would be your stance?
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
      Nomtoc: F Babo [sic], McQuire [sic], the Giambi's [sic] and anyone else who cheats!

i take it that the cheating that you have in mind is of the substance kind.
      one question, nomtoc: if proof surfaces that some hall of fame members used illegal drugs, what would be your stance?
      Why because of prohibition? Get real. You can't possibly be confusing performance enhancing drugs with the likes of recreational drugs now could you?
      "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZee
        What bothers me is that all the focus seems to be on the BALCO clients. conte only had a handful of players he was working with. What about all the other players who were taking steroids? They must have been getting them from someone. The whole investigation is centered around one piece of a multi piece puzzle. Until they get to the bottom of where other people got their steroids, it will be a BS investigation.

I'm a diehard Yankee fan but its interesting to see how Roger Clemens bulked up later in his career and I always wondered about Mike Mussina. Once they started testing all of a sudden Mussina wasn't throwing 95 mph anymore. He also developed shoulder problems but it makes you wonder.

Steroids cast a "shadow" on the whole game not just Barry.
        Well who else would it be about, they used Grand Jury stuff for Barry Bonds and other BALCO atheletes of course its about Barry and not other atheletes. They werent called to the Grand Jury. It centered around on the biggest pieces of the puzzle and most valuable because of the HR race.

And as for the second part its different routine and age which caused him not to throw as hard and develop problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ssarge
          I read Game of Shadows last night.

Probably the wrong forum. But I'm curious. Anyone else read it yet? Impressions?

Best,

Scott
          i finished a couple of months ago, and i had already assumed bonds did steroids. after reading that book, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he took steroids.
          Hip, hip, Jorge...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X