Tom Verducci needs to relieved of his MLBN duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Verducci needs to relieved of his MLBN duties

I think this guy needs to go..now. He adds nothing to the game of baseball or to actual baseball game commentary. He is a tabloid minded journalist.

First being attached to the Torre book exposes what he is....just a $hit stirrer. It does nothing positive for the game of baseball.

Today with the ARod admission Verducci is not satisfied with it. Was Arod vague on somethings no doubt but what is the difference what he took? He took banned substances. Period. If an alcoholic at an AA meeting drinks Budweiser or Jack Daniels....does it matter?

Verducci is Max Mercy of the The Natural with his own agenda and you can bet it has nothing to do with enjoying baseball. The MLBN is for fans to enjoy the game and get info about the game. He seems to have a whole new angle.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 02-10-2009, 08:35 AM.

Your completly wrong. I know Mr. Verducci and hes a terrific guy and everything he does is for the passion and love of the game that he has. A-Rod was vague if you didnt notice, he didnt even tell you what he was taking. There were points where it looked like A-Rod almost forgot lines that were written for him before hand. And it does matter what he took, for some things improve your game better than others. The Torre book was not all him, it was him AND Torre. Understand while it may be Tom's words, Torre gave him the material to wirte. End of story

Comment

Verducci is a reporter. He is not a baseball insider. He's not compromising his journalistic instincts for the sake of MLBN. This gives him a unique perspective I think. He seems to be "the voice of the media" for the network.

I don't have too much of a problem with that. I don't like everything he says but he does offer more than just the (former) players insight.
      If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

You said it he is a reporter. In order to his job he needs a story, and like any other reporter the negative story always has more legs. So they beat it into the ground. Which as you know is not always in the best interest of the game or the enjoyment of the game. I am not a fan with the desire to know everything that every player does. Parasites like Verducci live off of that.

Listening to the players and what is really going on on the field is what makes the game more enjoyable for me. The actual game. Thats it. Yes there are other stories and some negative, but reporters are looking for that and then exploit it.

I never blame any player for not talking to reporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
          You said it he is a reporter. In order to his job he needs a story, and like any other reporter the negative story always has more legs. So they beat it into the ground. Which as you know is not always in the best interest of the game or the enjoyment of the game. I am not a fan with the desire to know everything that every player does. Parasites like Verducci live off of that.

Listening to the players and what is really going on on the field is what makes the game more enjoyable for me. The actual game. Thats it. Yes there are other stories and some negative, but reporters are looking for that and then exploit it.

I never blame any player for not talking to reporters.
          I don't necessarily need to know everything a player does either, but I'm glad MLBN has hired Verducci, and Bob Costas too. I was afraid they would just parrot the company line as spouted by Bud Selig.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
            I don't necessarily need to know everything a player does either, but I'm glad MLBN has hired Verducci, and Bob Costas too. I was afraid they would just parrot the company line as spouted by Bud Selig.
            I like Costas also for his ability to interview a player. Verducci has no on air skills. NONE in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
              I like Costas also for his ability to interview a player. Verducci has no on air skills. NONE in my opinion.
              Well, Harold Reynolds and Sean Casey aren't exactly Vin Scully, either, at least Verducci brings a reporter's perspective. Somebody has to do it.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

The biggest problem I have with Verducci is that he seems to not like baseball. Every angle he reports on is the negative one.
                If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
                  The biggest problem I have with Verducci is that he seems to not like baseball. Every angle he reports on is the negative one.
                  Exactly my point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X