No announcement yet.

Eastbound and Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The show is funnier than it has any right to be. On the surface it's similar to the dumb comedies that Fox seems to trot out on a regular basis, but there's an absurdist quality to the humor that I really enjoy. The scene of him listening to his own auto-biography on tape in his truck before his first day on the job, which you assume at first is an internal monologue, reminded me a lot of Arrested Development. And the guy who plays Kenny makes him just likeable enough that it works.

A guilty pleasure, to be sure, but it is funny.

Comment

Oh, I totally assumed it was a stunt? breast? body double.

The ridiculous racism, homophobia, or just general xenophobia make this show brilliant. Often times people forget that a huge percentage of athletes are complete idiots, like idiots. Especially when they're babied through high-school because they can shoot a 3 or hit a ball. You end up with idiots with zero life skills.

It'd be interesting to see the IQ of an average professional baseball player. I bet it'd be well below the american average.

Comment

Originally posted by topherkris View Post
        Oh, I totally assumed it was a stunt? breast? body double.

The ridiculous racism, homophobia, or just general xenophobia make this show brilliant. Often times people forget that a huge percentage of athletes are complete idiots, like idiots. Especially when they're babied through high-school because they can shoot a 3 or hit a ball. You end up with idiots with zero life skills.

It'd be interesting to see the IQ of an average professional baseball player. I bet it'd be well below the american average.
        If all those advertisements I see on sports websites for their IQ tests are real and true indicators, they're about average or higher. 103, 105, around that range. Kenny is an extreme case, as are so many characters on the show.
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X