X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by topherkris View Post
    Oh, I totally assumed it was a stunt? breast? body double.

The ridiculous racism, homophobia, or just general xenophobia make this show brilliant. Often times people forget that a huge percentage of athletes are complete idiots, like idiots. Especially when they're babied through high-school because they can shoot a 3 or hit a ball. You end up with idiots with zero life skills.

It'd be interesting to see the IQ of an average professional baseball player. I bet it'd be well below the american average.
    If all those advertisements I see on sports websites for their IQ tests are real and true indicators, they're about average or higher. 103, 105, around that range. Kenny is an extreme case, as are so many characters on the show.

Leave a comment:

• topherkris
    replied
    Oh, I totally assumed it was a stunt? breast? body double.

The ridiculous racism, homophobia, or just general xenophobia make this show brilliant. Often times people forget that a huge percentage of athletes are complete idiots, like idiots. Especially when they're babied through high-school because they can shoot a 3 or hit a ball. You end up with idiots with zero life skills.

It'd be interesting to see the IQ of an average professional baseball player. I bet it'd be well below the american average.

Leave a comment:

• mwiggins
    replied
    The show is funnier than it has any right to be. On the surface it's similar to the dumb comedies that Fox seems to trot out on a regular basis, but there's an absurdist quality to the humor that I really enjoy. The scene of him listening to his own auto-biography on tape in his truck before his first day on the job, which you assume at first is an internal monologue, reminded me a lot of Arrested Development. And the guy who plays Kenny makes him just likeable enough that it works.

A guilty pleasure, to be sure, but it is funny.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    ...have you not gotten to the Aprils beautiful breasts Episode?

I love this show, and I love the character. I just wonder if a) that mullet is real b) he had it before the show c) if he's been keeping it since filming ended.
    watch it again. they cut away from her face down to her chest... methinks Katy Mixon used a stunt double.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied

I love this show, and I love the character. I just wonder if a) that mullet is real b) he had it before the show c) if he's been keeping it since filming ended.
    He played the demolitions guy in Tropic Thunder. I don't remember if he had it then or not.

Was that the BBQ episode?

I don't know, it just seems a letdown compared to other HBO shows. Without the profanity, and the partial nudity, it would probably be best for the CW network.

Leave a comment:

• topherkris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Great Show. Very Funny. Lots of Boobs and Swearing, definitely my cup of tea.
    A lot of swearing, at least.

Leave a comment:

• topherkris
    replied
    Great Show. Very Funny. Lots of Boobs and Swearing, definitely my cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
    //////////////////////////////////
    You do realize children post on this site, right?

Leave a comment:

• SteveJRogers
    replied
    //////////////////////////////////

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by hudsonharden View Post
    The show's over now, Season One was six episodes and out. I kinda hope they leave it as it is and don't try for a second season, I kinda like the way it ended.
    Production would be underway if a return was in the works. I guess with all these shorter seasons (compared to netwrok and even basic cable shows) HBO can try to get a few different shows out per year. Ratings are down overall, ever since The Sopranos went off.

Leave a comment:

• hudsonharden
    replied
    The show's over now, Season One was six episodes and out. I kinda hope they leave it as it is and don't try for a second season, I kinda like the way it ended.

Leave a comment:

• giantsrule
    replied
    i actually love that show now...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by parlo View Post
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the 70's.

Leave a comment:

• parlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    Honestly, I thought it might have been the worst original show HBO has ever produced. Maybe I was suffering a letdown from not really liking the episode of Flight of the Conchords that was on before it, but I doubt I'll watch it regularly.

Why did the show takes its name from the theme to Smokey and the Bandit?
    Can you blame them????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX127...eature=related

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X