No announcement yet.

Home Run Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Hawk and DJ's whole thing. I know its kind of corny but i like it. I actually use it in every day life now, haha.

G Man

Comment

I gotta say,

Timlin...Nixon bunts, Timlin on it, throws to first...for the first time in history, the World Championship banner will fly north of the border! The Toronto Blue Jays are baseball's best in 1992!
      But I might be a bit partial

I originally was going to say:

Touch 'em all, Joe, you'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!
      but changed my mind
      Last edited by topherkris; 04-27-2009, 06:11 PM. Reason: hrm

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post

One is the Red barber call, I believe Joe DiMaggio hitting in the ?1947? World Series. "Joe hits a long one, back goes Gionfriddo, back, back, back, back, back , back, back he makes a running 1 handed catch against the bullpen. Oh Doctor."

I do not know if Barber used that frequently or just for this call.

Berman's rendition was a poor copy.
        According to Larry King in Bums, Barber said one 'back' for each step that Gionfriddo took when going after DiMaggio's flyball.

Comment

Not heard since the 1970s, but still one of the best:

You can... KISS IT GOODBYE!!

The inimitable Gunner, Bob Prince.

Comment

Favorite: "You can put it on the board" - Ken Harrelson

and

"Its outta here" from Mets games on Sportsnet New York

Comment

When Dick Enberg did Angels games, he would say, "Touch 'em all!" That was fine. No offense to White Sox fans and Hawk Harrelson, but I don't really enjoy homers, and as someone said above, carrying on as he does no matter the score just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not that big a fan of stylized home run calls. Mel Allen would occasionally say, "Going, going ... caught," though far less often than John Sterling has to fix his own mess. But I think of the story Ken Levine told about the announcer who would say, "Touch 'em all, Manny Ramirez," or whoever had homered, and one day the announcer forgot the player's name, paused, and said, "Touch 'em all ... baseball man!"

Comment

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                What do you expect from the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network? From top to bottom, they have the most unprofessional broadcasters, anchors, even cameramen. If you watch football or basketball games produced by ESPN, after every touchdown or basket, the camera zooms out to show the crowd reaction.

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

As for Berman, he sounds like a chicken laying an egg every time he calls a home run. I hit the mute button when I'm watching the Derby.
                There are multiple cameras at those games. That's not the cameraman's call to do that, though. Any change in shots come for the director in the booth, who does it by pushing a button on the control panel.

I'm not a fan of Berman's in-game calls, though.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

"(and you can) tell it bye bye baby!" never gets old.

currently, duane kuiper's excited "he hits it high ... he hits it deep .. he hits it ... outta here!" for the giants is pretty decent.
                  "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

http://www.phonezoo.com/Tom-Hamilton...__Ringtone.htm
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                      currently, duane kuiper's excited "he hits it high ... he hits it deep .. he hits it ... outta here!" for the giants is pretty decent.
                      Please tell me Duane uses it only when it fits, though -- otherwise it's no different from/better than John Sterling's call.

Comment

^
                        kuiper had good reason to yell it more often a few years back , and now has reason for his exaltation only once or twice a month or so.
                        "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                          ^
                          kuiper had good reason to yell it more often a few years back
                          http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...97708290.shtml
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X