"The Last Best League"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Last Best League"

Just finished reading, "The Last Best League" by Jim Collins about the Cape Cod Summer League and specifically the 2002 Chatham A's featuring Tim Stauffer, Jamie D'Antona, Chris Iannetta, Chad Orvella and others.

Great read - nice to see the change of pace from MLB life; big salaries, big egos, major media attention.
    sigpic
    Learn more about my collection by clicking here. Can't find what you need? Visit Sportlots.com.
    Trusted Traders: Mike D.(8), duckydps(6), ttmman21(5), Dalkowski110(4), dmbfan(4), chucksk8er(3), anjo(2), Extra Innings(2), kearns643(2), RuthMayBond(2), The Commissioner(2), card-closure-man, closer28, Coachsmallhead, Cubsfan97, jakre, jjac, Ken Hastings, latinball, NYYgraphs, Phish, Pods Fan 22, riredsox, rugbyfreak, SportsAutosTTM, The Prowling Cat, Zito75, 14Bravesfan14

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Just finished reading, "The Last Best League" by Jim Collins about the Cape Cod Summer League and specifically the 2002 Chatham A's featuring Tim Stauffer, Jamie D'Antona, Chris Iannetta, Chad Orvella and others.

Great read - nice to see the change of pace from MLB life; big salaries, big egos, major media attention.
    I love this book, and the Cape League! I go every year to catch games. If you haven't yet, go. Trust me it's worth it!
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X