No announcement yet.

Favorite Baseball Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field of Dreams . . . after Star Wars, my favorite flick of all-time . . .

Comment

Pride of the Yankees

Comment

Since there was no listing for Eight Men Out, I voted for The Bad News Bears (original).

It's okay... I hate choosing between the two anyway.
        "(Van) Mungo and I get along fine. I just tell him I won't stand for no nonsense, and then I duck."
        Casey Stengel

Comment

My favorites are:

1. The Benchwarmers
          2. Rookie Of The Year
          3. The Sandlot
          Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

Comment

This has probably been one of the hardest polls I've voted in, it would've been so much easier if it had been pick your top 3 movies. But I went with Major League.

Comment

1. 61
              2. Field of Dreams
              3. Cobb

A little ashamed to admit I've never seen Pride of the Yankees. And that I don't think Bull Durham was anything special.
              This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

I actually liked Major League 2 more than the original (hence my namesake).

But you left out For The Love of the Game. I know maybe kinda romancy, but Costner is always believable as a ballplayer (in this case a pitcher), Vin Scully is calling the game, and Sam Raimi is a great director (Evil Dead Series, Spider Man movies).
                Religion: Yankeeist

"Hanging out with him sucks because all the women flock to him. Let's see, he's been on the cover of GQ, is rich and famous, hits for average and power and is a helluva nice guy." - Tim Raines on Derek Jeter

Comment

Originally posted by RaoulDuke View Post
                  1. 61
                  2. Field of Dreams
                  3. Cobb

A little ashamed to admit I've never seen Pride of the Yankees. And that I don't think Bull Durham was anything special.
                  Raoulduke,
                  You should see Pride of the Yankees. My aunt got me started watching Gary Cooper movies as she loves all his movies. If you were close by, I could lend it to you :-). I love Bull Durham so maybe you should not listen to me :-)
                  Emma
                  http://crzblue.mlblogs.com/

Comment

I just saw the movie Field of Dreams, and it is in my opinion one of the best films I have ever seen. You cannot get through that movie without getting emotional.
                    Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

61*
                      Eight Men Out
                      Bang The Drum Slowly

Comment

I'm a big fan of Field of Dreams (been there), Little Big League, The Rookie, and the Major League movies. I especially like Major League 2 out of the three of them. I also like Fever Pitch even though it ends completely wrong! at Busch Stadium and all..

Another good one I don't remember seeing mentioned is Summer Catch. That is based in the Cape Cod League...
                        Mike Hopper
                        Former Gateway Grizzlies Intern

Comment

1. For the Love of the Game
                          2. The Natural
                          3. Bull Durham
                          Get Shoeless Joe Into The Hall
                          Since 1918
                          Yankees 27
                          Red Sox 2
                          Who Sucks?
                          "Ladies and gentleman, the most common phrase used in all sports, THE YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES"

Comment

I voted for Bull Durham, but also love Field Of Dreams, The Natural and For Love Of The Game. Incidently, I just read the book of FLOTG [by Michael Shaara] and thought it was terrible. They made a lot of changes for the film [fortunately] and I thought it worked really well.

Comment

Originally posted by crzblue View Post
                              Raoulduke,
                              You should see Pride of the Yankees. My aunt got me started watching Gary Cooper movies as she loves all his movies. If you were close by, I could lend it to you :-). I love Bull Durham so maybe you should not listen to me :-)
                              Emma
                              http://crzblue.mlblogs.com/
                              I actually went out and bought it after reading this thread. Pretty good movie, I got the biggest kick out of the Babe Ruth scenes, especially at the end during the Gehrig speech where Babe is in the background just staring dead in the camera the whole time.
                              This is decadent. And I once went to Miami with Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

Since I've already voted and posted about that vote, I thought I would offer two cents on Honorable Mentions. While Field of Dreams is terrific, it is not suffering from any love-loss either.

Two movies which deserve attention and respect are The Rookie (listed), and Eight Men Out. These two flicks are fantastic from a purists point-of-view. The feel of the respective eras for those movies was recreated very well.

---- Eight Men Out; realistic uniforms, highly realistic old-style cameras and attire among the press corps and supporting nonplayer cast.

---- The Rookie; this movie is set in the modern era (1995-1998). There is no mention of steroids, scandals, or anything. Feel good stuff all the way.
                                Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X