Doc Ellis - No Hitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Ellis - No Hitter

Not that this is all that accurate, just that that I have fun watching it for the sake of the storyline and delivery.

Doc Ellis - No Hitter

Check out the first cartoon of Dock on this page, after the hair-curler photo.

There's an Ellis, D. song on there too, one of at least four different tunes about that game. (Chuck Brodsky's is my fave.)

Comment

Todd Snider told the story, too.

Here's to Doc gettin' his due!

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post
        Not that this is all that accurate, just that that I have fun watching it for the sake of the storyline and delivery.
        His memories may have been, um, fuzzy... but it's actually Dock himself telling the story there (see the NPR page, or the recent item in SI).

There's a petition asking MLB Network to broadcast the game.

Comment

That may very well be the single best baseball movie I've ever seen... seriously!

Comment

This is highly remembered

Last week I was watching a Robin William HBO special. Part of his act he talks about Doc Ellis' no hitter. Amazing especially given it was almost 40 years ago.

Apparently this was one of the most significant event in sport in the 20th century.

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post

Doc Ellis - No Hitter
              Hilarious, thanks!
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

HA that was pretty good. Id love to see that game. I love the quote of him saying he though Jimi Hendrix was swinging a guitar! Classic.
                "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X