Milwaukee braves history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee braves history

I just read "Milwaukee Braves, Heroes and Heartbreak", an excellent history overview of the 13 years the Braves franchise was located in Milwaukee. This would be a good Christmas gift for anyone interested in the Braves of old.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Brav...71&sr=1-1#noop
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    I just read "Milwaukee Braves, Heroes and Heartbreak", an excellent history overview of the 13 years the Braves franchise was located in Milwaukee. This would be a good Christmas gift for anyone interested in the Braves of old.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Brav...71&sr=1-1#noop
    Cool. I'm always interested in reading more about the Braves history. Looks like a good read.
    My collection of autographs: TTM Autos

Comment

I read the book

at the end this summer. One of my fastest reads ever. Very good.

Comment

Reading the reviews in the link didn't answer my question of how much/well the book deals with the move to and from Milwaukee. That's something I'm interested in learning more about. Can you shed some light on how well the book deals with this ? (not asking for a synopsis of the two moves, more like a review on that aspect of the book, thanks).

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
          Reading the reviews in the link didn't answer my question of how much/well the book deals with the move to and from Milwaukee. That's something I'm interested in learning more about. Can you shed some light on how well the book deals with this ? (not asking for a synopsis of the two moves, more like a review on that aspect of the book, thanks).
          The move and the reasons behind it are covered in pretty extensive detail in the first chapter. The subsequent move from Milwaukee to Atlanta is also well covered. I found it very informative and interesting.
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

The move and the reasons behind it are covered in pretty extensive detail in the first chapter. The subsequent move from Milwaukee to Atlanta is also well covered. I found it very informative and interesting.
            That's great, thank you.

Is this the only book you know of that deals with the moves ?

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
              That's great, thank you.

Is this the only book you know of that deals with the moves ?
              Yes, it is.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X