Need info on Baseball Encyclopedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Baseball Encyclopedia

I have a question. I recently picked up the first edition of the "The Baseball Encyclopedia" dated 1969. It came in a cardboard slip case and on the case there is a picture of a ballpark on it. Does anyone have any idea what park this is?????????????

Thanks,

Ed

IIRC, it's Shea.

Yeah, looks like Shea

NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Originally posted by tiger ed View Post
      I have a question. I recently picked up the first edition of the "The Baseball Encyclopedia" dated 1969. It came in a cardboard slip case and on the case there is a picture of a ballpark on it. Does anyone have any idea what park this is?????????????

Thanks,

Ed
      Wow, I got that at a book sale at the library about 10 years ago (was 9) and still have it, cover and all. Actually, only Baseball Encyclopedia I have, havent bought an updated one yet. I learned most of what I know of 19th century baseball from that book. I still go to it often as well to look up stats.
      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X