Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does ESPN Classic show so much poker, billiards, and bowling?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'm not gonna bag on ESPN, its the channel that is on most of the time in my house. I love baseball tonight, web gem has become almost a country wide word for a good play with the glove, I have heard an uncountable amount of people say web gem after seeing a play. I must admit, some analysis of stuff, like one of Barry Bonds everyday is quite annoying and unnecessary, but some of the stuff they report on is quite informational or heartwarming. Dicky V, I could do without him sometimes.

    Comment


    • #17
      Does it seem to you all that on Mike and Mike in the morning there could be the biggest baseball story ever, and they would smother it with minor news about the NFL, NBA and College Sports?

      I like Mike and Mike, I just think they could spend more time on MLB.
      Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

      Comment


      • #18
        Mike and Mike

        :radio I agree. They're very good at covering any subject but Baseball does seem to get cut off pretty quickly. This is the time of year that they should feature it too. Maybe if Golic had been a pro Baseball player and greeny had played something other than high school tennis. I love those commercials!





        Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
        Does it seem to you all that on Mike and Mike in the morning there could be the biggest baseball story ever, and they would smother it with minor news about the NFL, NBA and College Sports?

        I like Mike and Mike, I just think they could spend more time on MLB.

        Comment


        • #19
          I heard they may add paint drying and lawn mowing to their extensive network, can't be much more boring than watching cards, bowling or billiards! Sorry fans of those games, but they are plain BORING, people say baseball is boring but watching some hack contemlating over a piece of cardboard just doesnt excite me, not enough of a degenerate gambler. Next on ESPN alcoholics pounding beers...
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by redbuck
            ESPN is the ultimate home of cliches, ignorance, nonsense, ******** on top of more nonsense.

            Somewhere in the 1990s ESPN started loading its programming with "analysis" which is worthless drivel that is nothing but annoying, worthless ******** to anybody who cares to think about it and not just take it.

            So ESPN has reached the point where it appeals only to its insiders, those who like the terms "web gem" and find all the little Dickie V doopey doo diaper dandy stuff even moderately amusing.

            "Cliches are the soldiers of ignorance" -Bill James

            Fight the ignorance. Fight ESPN.
            Great post Redbuck, couldn't agree more. About the only way I can tolerate having it on is with the sound off, just to see some highlights.
            It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

            Comment


            • #21
              ESPN Classics used to actually show baseball games

              it was that channel where i finally got to see Jackie Robinson steal home against Yogi Berra and the Yankees, Sandy Koufax against the Minnesota Twins, and Gibson and Lolich going pitch for pitch in a world series....

              and all in glorious black and white....

              now it seems the only baseball games they show are games i have already seen - thats no fun

              i really think its more a ratings issue - but i can't remember the last time i watched ESPN Classics

              (does anyone remember the channel before ESPN bought them - was just Classic Sports and it seemed all they did was show rebroadcasts of various games)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by theAmazingMet
                I Next on ESPN alcoholics pounding beers...
                Finally, I can consider myself an athlete!

                But, when it comes to alcoholism, life as a Met fan may be considered a "performance enhancement..."
                THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

                In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

                Comment


                • #23
                  Don't forget that ESPN also serves as Barry Bonds' Ministry of
                  Propaganda.

                  Brownie31

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Brownie31
                    Don't forget that ESPN also serves as Barry Bonds' Ministry of
                    Propaganda.

                    Brownie31
                    ESPN classic?

                    This thread is about how they don't show baseball and rather bowling and poker.

                    Do tell how Dick Weber's 300 game from 1984 is Barry Bonds propaganda.

                    Oh, and Bonds just flopped the nut HGH, I doubt he'll slow play it...
                    THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

                    In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by digglahhh
                      ESPN classic?

                      This thread is about how they don't show baseball and rather bowling and poker.

                      Do tell how Dick Weber's 300 game from 1984 is Barry Bonds propaganda.

                      Oh, and Bonds just flopped the nut HGH, I doubt he'll slow play it...
                      Well excuse me! If you check Redbuck's April 24 post you
                      will find I am not the only one to comment on ESPN as a
                      whole.

                      Brownie31

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've noticed that EPSN Classic has been showing some baseball. I wasutterly shocked to discover that they are showing Yankees/Red Sox games, the biiggest rivalry in three states.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ACrank
                          it was that channel where i finally got to see Jackie Robinson steal home against Yogi Berra and the Yankees, Sandy Koufax against the Minnesota Twins, and Gibson and Lolich going pitch for pitch in a world series....

                          and all in glorious black and white....

                          now it seems the only baseball games they show are games i have already seen - thats no fun

                          i really think its more a ratings issue - but i can't remember the last time i watched ESPN Classics

                          (does anyone remember the channel before ESPN bought them - was just Classic Sports and it seemed all they did was show rebroadcasts of various games)
                          Yes, the old Classic Sports Network was a great channel until ESPN took it over. Now they show blocks of programming (WSOP, Sportscentury, etc.) that they hope will catch the attention of channel surfers. Sad.

                          Happily though, if you want to see Sandy Koufax in the 1965 series, or Gibson and Lolich dueling each other in the 7th game of the 1968 series, I have 'em all,... and a whole lot more. Unedited. Check out my website if any of you want to trade for these classic games.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think one big reason they show the world series of poker a lot is, well Its not too big as it was, but it's the popular thing right now, every channel has poker now, next nickelodeon will have thier cartoons playin poker.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X