X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The '27 Yankees by Fred Glueckstein
    Axes grind and maces clash!

Comment

I think this thread would be a good one to be a sticky thread.

Comment

1968: Summer of 68: The Season That Changed Baseball Forever (Tim Wendell)
        Last edited by apbaball; 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

1947:When All Hell Broke Loose In Baseball, by Red Barber
          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

1933: The Wrecking Crew of '33: The Washington Senators' Last Pennant by Gary A. Sarnoff
            Hey, look! Player X was really good for about five years in the '80s! WHY ISN'T HE IN THE HALL OF FAME???

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by EdTarbusz View Post
              1944: Even the Browns by William Mead
              1946: When the Boys Came Back by Frederick Turner
              1948: Epic Season BY David Kaiser
              1950: Fire and Spirit by Carson Van Lindt
              1950: The Whiz Kids and the 1950 Pennant by Robin Roberts
              1964: The 1964 Phillies: The Story of Baseball's Most Memorable Collapse by John P. Rossi
              1923: The House That Ruth Built: A New Stadium, the First Yankees Championship, and the Redemption of 1923 by Robert Weintraub
              1919: Red Legs and Black Sox: Edd Roush and the Untold Story of the 1919 World Series by Susan Dellinger
              1940: The 1940 Cincinnati Reds: A World Championship and Baseball's Only In-Season Suicide by Brian Mulligan
              1917: The 1917 White Sox: Their World Championship Season by Warren N. Wilbert
              1889: Baseball in 1889: Players vs. Owners by Daniel Merle Pearson
              1967: Lightning in a Bottle: The Sox of '67 by Herbert F. Crehan
              1962: Chasing October: The Dodgers-Giants Pennant Race of 1962 by David Plaut
              1944: The Best of Seasons: The 1944 St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Browns by Bill Borst
              1903: Boston Pilgrims Vs Pittsburgh Pirates by Peter A. Campbell
              1930/1968: Two Spectacular Seasons: 1930 : The Year the Hitters Ran Wild 1968 : The Year the Pitchers Took Revenge by William Mead
              1920: Blackball, the Black Sox, and the Babe: Baseball's Crucial 1920 Season by Robert C. Cottrell
              1951: The Great Chase: The Dodgers-Giants Pennant Race of 1951 by Harvey Rosenfeld
              1944: One Championship Season: The Story of the 1944 St. Louis Browns by Carson Van Lindt
              1964: The Summer of '64: A Pennant Lost by William A. Cook
              1980: You Can't Lose 'Em All: The Year the Phillies Finally Won the World Series by Frank Fitzpatrick
              1958: The Original San Francisco Giants : The Giants of '58 by Steve Bitker
              1955: Bums No More!: The Championship Season of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers by Stewart Wolpin
              1941: Baseball in '41: A Celebration of the "Best Baseball Season Ever" by Robert W. Creamer
              1941: Real Grass, Real Heroes by Dom DiMaggio
              1959: Go-Go to Glory: The 1959 Chicago White Sox by Don Zminda
              1959: Early Wynn, the Go-Go White Sox and the 1959 World Series by Lew Freedman
              1947: Opening Day by Jonathan Eig
              I had to do a double take. I own a book by Creamer about the '41 season but mine is called: Baseball and Other Matters in 1941.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                I had to do a double take. I own a book by Creamer about the '41 season but mine is called: Baseball and Other Matters in 1941.
                That was the original title of the book. For some reason the title was changed when the book was re-issued. The same thing happened to Mead's book about the 44 Browns.

Comment

Here is a new one...

The Spectacular Case of the 1962 Los Angeles Angels by Jeff Mays

Comment

There is one that just came out, Mustaches and Mayhem: Charlie O's Three-Time Champions: The Oakland Athletics: 1972-74 by Chip Greene and others, Published by SABR.
                    Axes grind and maces clash!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X