No announcement yet.

Trouble with the Curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rented it from the Redbox after finding out that they still have it. I must admit that I really enjoyed it a whole lot more than I thought I would. The only major complaint I would have it that I wish they would have focused on the baseball aspect of the movie a little more, but that's alright.
    Favorite players past/present: Cal Ripken, Jr., Chipper Jones, Adam Jones, Javy Lopez, Josh Hamilton, Mike Piazza

Harry Doyle: "And for the Indians, that's one run on, let's see...one hit? That's all we got? One godd**n hit?!"
    Monty: "You can't say godd**n on the air!"
    Harry Doyle: "Don't worry, nobody's listening anyways."
    ~Major League (1989)~

sigpic

Comment

I rented it this weekend and enjoyed most of it. Anyone could see the barroom almost brawl coming, but the lefty kid throwing to his little brother was a curve thrown in late in the story. Maybe a scene with this pitcher was cut from the final product, and that is why it comes out of left field? Both Clint and Justin are lefties I see.

I've watched Clint Eastwood ever since he starred in Wagon Train and he always grabs your attention and has some snide remark to make. He has had a hall of fame career that's for sure.

I heard a sequel is coming out soon...Trouble With The Scroogie.
      "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
      "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyK View Post
        I rented it this weekend and enjoyed most of it. Anyone could see the barroom almost brawl coming, but the lefty kid throwing to his little brother was a curve thrown in late in the story. Maybe a scene with this pitcher was cut from the final product, and that is why it comes out of left field? Both Clint and Justin are lefties I see.

I've watched Clint Eastwood ever since he starred in Wagon Train and he always grabs your attention and has some snide remark to make. He has had a hall of fame career that's for sure.

I heard a sequel is coming out soon...Trouble With The Scroogie.
        You mean Rawhide, right?
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
          You mean Rawhide, right?
          Yeah. I must have mixed him up with his cousin Dirty Henry in Wagon Train. A senior moment I guess.

We always watched Rawhide on Friday nights.
          "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
          "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X