Favorite scene from "The Natural"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite scene from "The Natural"

I am starting a series of new threads, one a day asking the following question about the choice of baseball film. "What is your favorite scene"?
    Todays choice is my favorite baseball movie, "The Natural", My favorite scene is when Roy Hobbs blows a heater by the Lf after batting practice for double or nothing as a bet with the catcher. Max Mercy who witnessed this soon runs off apparently remembering who Hobbs was.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

My favorite scene is when the star right fielder of the Knights misplays a fly ball and says that he was blinded by the sun... with an overcast.

Comment

At Wrigley Field, when Hobbs sees Iris in the stands, he blasts the next pitch and shatters the stadium clock!!! That was awesome!!!!!!
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

I'll take when Diz hands Hobbs a hat and says "try this on for size... Welcome to the Majors"

The conversation with Pop ("I should have been a farmer..") was classic.

And Yankees, the best part of that wasn't when Bailey gets back to the dugout and says "sun was in my eyes", but when Pop just looks up and says "blinding". I think of that almost every overcast summer day.
        "Straight ball I hit it very much, curveball, bats are afraid"

Comment

Favorite Scene

When Michael Madsen went throught the right field fence. It wasn't quite so funny when the next scene showed that he had died.

Comment

"Red Blow" (Richard Farnsworth) eating dinner with Roy Hobbs: "It's tough to spell, but it eats good."
            After 1957, it seemed like we would never laugh again. Of course, we did. Its just that we were never young again.

Comment

"Goodbye, Mr. Spalding!!!!!!!"
              Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X