Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheJourneyman
    replied
    Thanks for the list and suggestions. I picked up a few of the ones mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    I'm sorry, Lee. I have the book right here. Must have been a tpyo. Thank you for making it available for such a reasonable cost and for the list.

Leave a comment:

• tiger337
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackaroo Dave View Post
    Beyond Batting Average by Lee Sanas is very readable, gentle, but conscientious introduction. I was able to get the ebook for $4 from the publisher, lulu.com. The hard copy is very reasonable too.
    My name is Panas, but thanks very much for the plug! There is a list of good sabermetrics books here: http://www.detroittigertales.com/sea...g+sabermetrics

Leave a comment:

• TerryB
    replied
    Baseball Between the Numbers by the Baseball Prospectus group is not bad. I am reading the sequel "Extra Innings" right now and I am enjoying it. I think I like "The Numbers Game" even better.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    "The Book - Playing the Percentages in Baseball" from Tom Tango.
    "Baseball between the Numbers - Why Everything You Know About the Game is Wrong" from Jonah Keri and various Baseball Prospectus writers.

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    Beyond Batting Average by Lee Panas is very readable, gentle, but conscientious introduction. I was able to get the ebook for $4 from the publisher, lulu.com. The hard copy is very reasonable too.
    Last edited by Jackaroo Dave; 12-25-2012, 05:29 PM. Reason: Spell Lee Panas's name right

Leave a comment:

• TheJourneyman
    started a topic Sabermetrics Book

Sabermetrics Book

I need suggestions on a book to get someone who is starting to learn about sabermetrics. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X